Team radios?

Sam1454
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have been looking around for decent compact reliable radios with headsets for my team. I have tried maplin and I can't really see anything with a deal that amazes me. Can anybody suggest something from experience?

For PMR radios look at Motorola XTN, XTR or TLKR series of radios, they are both the high end business radios, and the consumer, mid range systems respectively, and are quite common on the skirmish field, Alain 446 PMRs are OK (had one back in the day).

Kenwood Protalk TK series are very similar to the Motorola XTN, but by kenwood, Icom are another option but they can be very expensive.

If you are looking at licensed radios Kenwood TK-350's or Motorola GP-68's are very common but they are required to have an OFCOM license and are not always compatible with operators radios (Where I umpire we need the powerful PMR compatable radios, cheapies don't work very well in 600 acres of dense forest and hills).

I did have 3 motorola cp040's worth 200 quid which I aquired from an old security company that refused to pay me for a months worth of work. They were outstanding radios but too good and too bulky for airsoft. I have since sold them and am looking to buy ten motorola talkabout's. Ten mid range compared to 3 high spec. Gotta be a good idea as my team is growing by the day.

• 9 months later...
  • Supporters

Hate to revive such an old thread, but I just got a set of TLKR T6 Motorola radios but I've not got a headset, does anyone know of any that are suitable for airsofting?

It's hard to tell how any of them work from pictures and sales descriptions rarely try to sell the product with military simulation in mind... Obviously I need an ear piece and a mic, but I want the send button to be on a long wire so I can attach it to my gun or something, anyone help me out?

Puxing PX-888s is what we use. They have a kenwood 2 pin fitting so all sorts of headsets are available.

Great range and they are fully programmable.

They are readily available from eBay.

• Supporters

Would you recommend any headsets?

Which ones do you use?

I have to say I'm a fan of throat mics. You need to be careful though as a lot of hem won't last.

You need to find one that is on a strap that goes all the way round your neck. These tend to be marketed as forehead mics.

I recommend 409shop.com

• Supporters

I've just ordered a pair of Agent Smith from the Matrix style mics made specifically for the line of radio I have, £12 each.

I just have to hope they're suitable for wearing whilst being shot at.

Archived