Ares Striker s1 upgrade path

SkunkySilver
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys and girls,

Im quite new to how airsoft guns work (internals) and wondered the best way to upgrade the S1 Striker. IE. range of the bbs and more of a straight shot? Can anyone give me any ideas on where to start. :P

Its a bit limited on what's available at the moment. First thing I would do is check the power output and change the spring accordingly. Hop rubber is a good place to start and get a good airseal. Polish/clean all internals to make it as efficient as possible and then wait to see what else comes available. There is a tapered bore barrel which is now available and some hop units are being designed but not yet available as far as I'm aware.

Thanks, i didnt think there was a lot for the gun at the mo. I Was thinking of starting with a 9 ball purple bucking as i understand the gun has a vsr 10 compatible bucking and inner barrel.

There's an owners group on Facebook, lots of useful tips! Mine has an m130 spring, modify beige bucking, the usual ptfe tape mods and the spacer between the hop and outer barrel, it's currently shooting at 440fps 1.8j with .2 bb and has decent accuracy at 50m, the nineball bucking gets lots of positive reviews. 

striker +scope (3).jpg

• 1 month later...

i was thinking of getting an ares striker are they a good starter sniper and do they have advantage over aegs ? 

I have just bought a striker and I was disappointed by the performance so upgrading had to be done.

firstly i replaced the hop rubber with a maple leaf autobot 75deg., cut the bridge off and polished smooth, shimmed the hop arm and fitted an m140 spring.

now the gun lifts .4 Geoff whereas it would not lift a .36 previously and it now gives a very consistent 445fps+- 3.

should need to test it at longer ranges.

ikarma70 Can you explain in really simple terms what you did with the hop up/ hopbucking because i may do it to my striker but i am not the best with gun internals. thanks

Archived