Should I buy a Krytac??

Philby21
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right guys, I'm expanding my collection (aren't we all?) and I'm seriously considering buying a Krytac SPR MKII but just recently have seen a few threads about shots going wild and misfeed issues.

I fancy the SPR as I've already got a shorter M4 (G&G CM16 Mod O) and I'd prefer something that's pretty awesome straight out of the box.  I can do upgrades (I have a heavily upgraded G36C that's an absolute beast) but I really can't be bothered - too much life getting in the way of pew pew!

So the question is should I go for it?  I really don't fancy throwing £340 at something that I'm going to have problems with.

Also, I'm thinking of splurging on a pack of 10 of the ASG M4 mid caps on Amazon: ASG Mid Caps on Amazon - are these pretty reliable and compatible with the Krytac?

Cheers guys!

(No doubt PT247 will be along soon B))

In a word yes.

i have had my Krytac LVOA for coming up for a year now and it has never missed a beat. It regularly out ranges and out shoots the opposition during game and the build quality is first rate. 

As as for the ASG mags I have had the low cap versions (30 rounds) which I brought in a 10 pack about 2 1/2 years ago. They were cheap but have performed really well with nary a miss feed, and are happy slinging .25s and .28s. Only one has broken and split open when I was a bit vigorous with the loading. 

They fit fit the Krytacs mag well nicely. 

CBH

• Supporters

Mags - yes many have these and best bang for buck

compatibility is very high considering the price

Krytac - maybe depends on your finances

nice gun, should be for the price but you can see where your money is going

not perfect but what is tbh.

Still a toy gun - but a very nice toy gun

if you got the CM18 mod 0 or something it is double the price

but you can really see where the extra money has gone is best way to put it

Could get Evo - I have no experience on these but highly rated also

Could do some teching I guess - though it is full of agro at first (still)

If you had a spare £500 - buy Krytac, & tech a gun or something is my thinking

REAL ANSWER - BUY IT !!!

If you can afford it yes - you will always wish you had one

don't like then flogg it but think you will keep it for a while

Thanks for the advice guys! :)

Affording it isn't the problem, and I upgraded my G36 myself (just drafted a guide for newbies based on what I learned from here, need to proof then I'll post it), running 11.1 LiPo and it's awesome - I just can't motivate myself to do it again so soon after the first one! :blink:  Also had a hell of a shock when I realised just how much I'd spent (thought £70-80, turned out to be £200+)!

I'm drawn to the grey version rather than black, just to be a little different.  If the range is as good as people say I'll probably end up swapping my 4x ACOG over to that from the Mod O, probably a bit more useful for it!

Glad to hear those mags are good, I usually run a hi cap for general skirmish days but want to switch to mids for the fun factor.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a keymod front grip for it?  I was thinking maybe the type that doubles as a bipod might be handy?

21 hours ago, Comicbook hero said:

In a word yes.

This, the feel and general out of box quality is great, after running my mates Sig 551 because i knackered my battery contacts i really appreciated how spectacular well... EVERYTHING about the krytacs are in comparison.

Also magwise, id recommend PTS EPMS if you have the cash for em, theyre epic mags, but those linked are as they said, best for the money.

im not sure what brand, was an american import, it worked but the trigger response was awful, and it weighed twice as much.

• Supporters

Most likely the ICS and yes they can be a bit heavy. As for trigger response unless its been messed with or getting old the Ics 3000 motor should be pretty quick. The trigger pull is slightly longer because its V3 but once you work out the dead zone and bite point theres not much in it. Rps is pretty much the same as the UK krytac.

The Krytac is slightly better in some areas for build quality but accuracy and range go to the 551 off the shelf, its one of the most accurate bb slingers ever made and makes a brilliant DMR style rifle.

Only issue with the 551 is it never really caught on so aftermarket support is sod all and as you say its not the lightest.

Agree that for most people I would recommend the Krytac but wouldn't say it beats it in every area especially as there are a lot of ICS sigs that are 5/6yrs old that have fired countless thousands of bbs without ever missing a beat. Krytac hasn't really been tested in the longevity stakes yet  but it has a way to go to beat that.

Archived