need some help Colour matching uniform/gear

Andyraven
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im looking into getting a new chest rig (olive)

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/vests-rigs/commando-recon-chest-harness-type-vest-olive-8fields

but not sure if it would fit in with my  dpm 95 uniform. im pretty sure it would be ok with my MTP. 

does anyone else run the same sort of colour scheme?

sorry if this is in the wrong place..

Yes I find that using a solid colour for belts, chest rigs, plate carriers etc is much more flexible as it looks fine with most camos.

The product youve linked to isnt exactly a solid colour and if its a true likeness, its "olive" colour is quite light.

I tend to use olive drab or ranger green mainly which I wear with woodland colours like DPM . Colours like coyote can be a little more limiting.

i was thinking it looks abit light but not sure it its just the lighting they use so you can see it better. the problem is that there are so many diffrent items with the same "olive" colour but they all look lighter or darker than one another which is a pain.

the problem is i really like to look of this one and im not a fan of full plate carriers.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Andyraven said:

i was thinking it looks abit light but not sure it its just the lighting they use so you can see it better. the problem is that there are so many diffrent items with the same "olive" colour but they all look lighter or darker than one another which is a pain.

the problem is i really like to look of this one and im not a fan of full plate carriers.

You have answered your own question then. Forget about colour and just buy it if it's going to make your day and game better because thats all that matters. If I find a bit of kit that will make my game better I wouldn't care if it was neon pink or even TellyTubby  merchandise I am using it. 

• Supporters

OD - Designed for green environments

DPM - Designed for green environments

Literally any combination of common camo and drab, tactical colour will 'work' on any gear/uniforms.  Do not worry about that.

DO worry about using your £30 (or whatever you budget is) to get some better quality kit.  Get on ebay and the classifieds on the forums, find some Warrior or Bulle or issued gear that's made to a much higher standard and has a much higher chance of not failing over time.

43 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

OD - Designed for green environments

DPM - Designed for green environments

Literally any combination of common camo and drab, tactical colour will 'work' on any gear/uniforms.  Do not worry about that.

DO worry about using your £30 (or whatever you budget is) to get some better quality kit.  Get on ebay and the classifieds on the forums, find some Warrior or Bulle or issued gear that's made to a much higher standard and has a much higher chance of not failing over time.

i was looking into a NI chest rigs but cant find any in decent grade 1 conditions. I don't like to the look of the warrior stuff im sure if i can find some cheap enough ill look into it. 

• Supporters

Honest question - What exactly is 'the look' WAS kit has you don't like?  Personally I don't see much of a difference aesthetically between a multicam mag pouch by Warrior and one made by almost literally anybody else in a similar style.  It's the best brand to hunt for if you want genuinely robust, modern type gear at good prices via 2nd hand sales here in the UK.  Bar none.

1 hour ago, CKinnerley said:

Honest question - What exactly is 'the look' WAS kit has you don't like?  Personally I don't see much of a difference aesthetically between a multicam mag pouch by Warrior and one made by almost literally anybody else in a similar style.  It's the best brand to hunt for if you want genuinely robust, modern type gear at good prices via 2nd hand sales here in the UK.  Bar none.

its more the fact that need one solid colour that would work with dpm95 and MTP. if i could find a warrier chest rig (none plate) in OD green i would look into it.

23 minutes ago, Baz JJ said:

Have a look at the Condor Ronin chest rig in solid green

thats not bad the only problem is i need to buy pouches and thats going to jack up the price abit.

is condor a good make?

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Andyraven said:

its more the fact that need one solid colour that would work with dpm95 and MTP. if i could find a warrier chest rig (none plate) in OD green i would look into it.

Coyote Brown works great with just about any camo, IMHO it's the best all-around solid colour there is (and I've tried a lot).  Especially with MTP, and there's plenty of tan in the pattern of DPM.  Or just go multicam, again, works with anything because it's so prolific which also makes it easy to source cheaply.

6 minutes ago, Andyraven said:

thats not bad the only problem is i need to buy pouches and thats going to jack up the price abit.

is condor a good make?

Depends, are you a gambling man?

I like the front fastening on the Ronin personally and we have a couple of these - no problems with functionality or quality. i tend to buy decent pouches though. 

i dont know the one you've linked to - its roughly the same price as the Ronin but with pouches.

No idea why its cheaper.  

1 minute ago, Baz JJ said:

I like the front fastening on the Ronin personally and we have a couple of these - no problems with functionality or quality. i tend to buy decent pouches though. 

i dont know the one you've linked to - its roughly the same price as the Ronin but with pouches.

No idea why its cheaper.  

it could be that the pouches on the one i link are fixed and cant me moved.

Archived