MOSFET advice

Doad13
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Doing some spring cleaning on my mp5 and decided to put a MOSFET in it as my other guns have them. This will be my first install of MOSFET, previously I had bought pre-installed.

Anyway I am pretty confident with opening up the gearbox and the wiring however would you recommend putting an inline fuse between the battery and MOSFET?

Both my other guns don't have a fuse and i connect the battery straight to the MOSFET connection however my mates has a section of wire from the MOSFET to the battery with a fuse inline.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

PS anyone know of somewhere I can pick up 16AWG wire in person (can't be bothered waiting for a delivery)

Cheers! David

• Supporters

The GATE Nano AAB has a built in electronic fuse which cuts off the supply of the demand is too high (e.g. a short circuit).

Therefore no need to place a fuse between the battery and MOSFET.

This will also marginally increase your ROF.

• Supporters

http://www.firestormsystems.com/shop/electronics/mosfet-switch.html

comes with alpha eco wire too - give them a bell and they might chuck in anything else you might need - more wire/heat-shrink/connectors or deans etc...

don't know for certain but think it won't hurt to ask...

anyway - already think they are the nutz:

11 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

http://www.firestormsystems.com/shop/electronics/mosfet-switch.html

comes with alpha eco wire too - give them a bell and they might chuck in anything else you might need - more wire/heat-shrink/connectors or deans etc...

don't know for certain but think it won't hurt to ask...

anyway - already think they are the nutz:

Cheers for the comment. 

Afraid I've already got the Gate unit but will keep them in mind should I do another, especially at that price! 

Archived