Love on the Battlefield

PopRocket123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been trying to get my gf into airsoft but it's not happening (she is NOT and outdoor person). Just wondering how many of you have managed to convince your SO to come along or even met or got together through airsoft?

• Supporters

I got a female friend of mine (if I wasn't about to head to uni at the time we may have gotten more serious) to go to paintball a few times, but my airsoft field was too far away for her.

I take my missus to airsoft all the time im getting her a WEG17 for her birthday next month depends on the person it can be hit and miss... excuse the pun ;D 

• Supporters

Why in all holy f*cks would you want to?

My favourite  thing about airsoft other than running round like a juiced up 6yr old is that its the only thing I can do that takes a whole day and the wife won't follow. 

As for meeting a girl that would be a stretch and sounds like the sort of delusional thinking that should never happen outside games workshop.

I have seen a few decent girls turn up but always with their other half only single girl I ever met was the butchest player on her team.

• Moderators

I'm with trigger, it's time away from the real world and family for me, I may only speak to wife at a break if I need to, other than that, the only family in close proximity is my brother but rarely see him as we do our own thing 

I bought a (former) other-half to a skirmish day once. She whined for the first hour until she realised that she actually liked it, but still complained any time we got split up (e.g. whenever one of us got shot). I went the whole day only being able to say a few sentences to the chaps I normally spoke to. Can't say I'll be bringing someone along any time soon. Airsoft be guy time. 

That said, the current ladyfriend has more hope for her. She asked to have a go holding my M60 the other day...for the whole of 3 seconds. It probably weighs about the same as her :P

I guess it's a little different for us cos we're not living together and she's still in college so we don't get to see each other that often. I was hoping it could be something we could do together but of course airsoft isn't for everyone

• Supporters

Not outdoors'y?  Dislikes mud?  I'm the same, that's why I play at sites like the Mall and other CQB/Indoor locations.  I think a lot of ladies won't be nearly as put off if you pull up to play and you're in a town vs the middle of the woods.

I mean hey it might not work and they'll end up too scared of being shot up close, worth a shot though.  My first girlfriend was basically a rebel who liked most things she was presumably told as a kid to not like, airsoft was one of those things.

My wife goes with me to game days, doesn't play but wanders around with her SLR and a selection of lenses getting some pretty damn cool player photos.  Always uploads them to the game FB page when we get home then we sit back and watch everyone update their profile photos!

She's been shot a few times but won't take part, I keep offering her one of my pistols to return fire if she want but she always turns me down.  She's definitely not afraid guns though - grew up an army brat and we both had loads of fun with pistols and an Uzi at a range in Seattle a few years ago.

Archived