Forum not wide enough

Samurai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Great work with the forum, it's nice to see so many stuff happening.

I don't have a very hi-res monitor on my laptop so I tweaked the new look a bit to be less spacious.

It is a style for the stylish plugin (Find the plugin for your browser here: https://userstyles.org/).

The tweak is here: https://userstyles.org/styles/138566/wider-airsoft-forums-uk

• AF-UK Founding Member

I think 100% is a bit too wide considering it is a fluid layout.

I was thinking about reducing some of the padding though, so when I get a bit of spare time I'll see what I can do to find a better medium.

• Root Admin

Devastator did change it from what looked like around 60% to 80%. I think it's now basically identical to the old site - which I liked - but I certainly agree that a full width solution is nice too. Perhaps this could be incorporated into a new theme - duplicating this one and making that sort of minor CSS edit would probably be a matter of 10 minutes and would save people installing a plugin.

Edit

Ninja'd

• AF-UK Founding Member

And whilst that sounds good.. I don't really want to have to support more than 1 theme through upgrades and try to make it consistent. I think a lot of the trouble now is what people are used to.. things change and suddenly people analyse everything and want to make it better.

I'm pretty sure the font itself and the size is clearer now - but no one has mentioned that :D

• Root Admin

If only you had 3-4 regulars who all know how to make basic style changes :rolleyes:

On the font front: Depends a lot on your browser too as Chrome/Chromium have been rendering many webfonts horribly for years now and no one has realised. You have to be particularly careful with it (perhaps they have been this time around). I've not noticed a difference on Firefox really :S

• AF-UK Founding Member
5 minutes ago, proffrink said:

If only you had 3-4 regulars who all know how to make basic style changes :rolleyes:

With no guarantee of the longevity of their service, technical ability or how well they can work with others to ensure consistency across releases.

Point taken, but sometimes you need a small group to avoid consensus decision-making and to keep things tidy and focussed.

Archived