Russian loadouts thread

MSSW Rune
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 2/4/2017 at 3:09 PM, ImTriggerHappy said:

Bloody geardos

This thread has tipped it time for a new hobby.

"Could do but while I love airsoft I really cant cope with all the geardo crap lately. Thats why I am looking forward to the forum game because it will be good old no nonsense airsoft. All fun no drama and if anyone turns up wearing stupid amounts of gear like in those photos they will be politely asked to remove it so hit taking doesn't become an issue."

"most none airsofters I know treat it with the same derision as playing Dungeons and Dragons. Take out all the dress up and play it as it should be then I am sure it would attract more people and be seen as less nerdy."

"Haha so true but there are varying degrees of odd. The day I find myself taking kit selfies though I will try to slash my own wrists with a rubber training knife."

"Surely you cant play airsoft in that get up?

People would have to throw their guns at you for you to feel it."

"This is not military reenactment or dress up its airsoft and you are talking about playing in all that kit.

If you or any other person wants to collect kit and prance around in it thats totally fine but not in a game."

"And I will keep commenting until I can go to games without bumping into to players who damage everyone elses day by waddling around full armadillo and not taking hits. I believe its time sites started policing kit and making sure players remove layers that are unnecessary and affect their ability to feel hits.

That kit looks great but its ludicrous for airsoft and this is an airsoft forum." 

Your entire attitude stinks and this hobby honestly need less people like you in it if thats really your opinions on the hobby. Your comments are ill informed and the level of presumption is through the roof. If it's not "cool" enough for you then honestly leave as the hobby has been like this for a very long time and nothing is going to change long after you. The only reason there are more milsim players and kit collectors is because the hobby has grown a huge amount. I have seen it first hand over the last 12/13 years of airsofting. If it really bugs you that much find another hobby. What I find amusing is although I like my kit, I would never judge a player for their kit or presume their hit taking is poor. It's the "anti elitist/anti kit" crowd who do that best. You really are two sides of the same coin (anti elitists and elitists). 

I played in a load of that gear just this weekend past and you know what's funny? Not a single complaint was made about my hit taking or anyone in my team who has similar kit. We know when we are hit and anyone who has played with us can vouch for our hit taking as our team has a zero tolerance policy to do with hit taking. Maybe you shouldn't pass judgment on kit you know nothing about and on someone you have never played with. Just because you have a bad issue with hit taking where you are doesn't mean everywhere does. My favourite local site has very few issues and it's down to how hard they are on none hit taking and how well its run. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
On Fri May 12 2017 at 5:41 PM, MSSW Rune said:

Your entire attitude stinks and this hobby honestly need less people like you in it if thats really your opinions on the hobby. Your comments are ill informed and the level of presumption is through the roof. If it's not "cool" enough for you then honestly leave as the hobby has been like this for a very long time and nothing is going to change long after you. The only reason there are more milsim players and kit collectors is because the hobby has grown a huge amount. I have seen it first hand over the last 12/13 years of airsofting. If it really bugs you that much find another hobby. What I find amusing is although I like my kit, I would never judge a player for their kit or presume their hit taking is poor. It's the "anti elitist/anti kit" crowd who do that best. You really are two sides of the same coin (anti elitists and elitists). 

I played in a load of that gear just this weekend past and you know what's funny? Not a single complaint was made about my hit taking or anyone in my team who has similar kit. We know when we are hit and anyone who has played with us can vouch for our hit taking as our team has a zero tolerance policy to do with hit taking. Maybe you shouldn't pass judgment on kit you know nothing about and on someone you have never played with. Just because you have a bad issue with hit taking where you are doesn't mean everywhere does. My favourite local site has very few issues and it's down to how hard they are on none hit taking and how well its run. 

You can say my attitude stinks all you like but I could say the same for yours.  I have a different viewpoint to you and thats my right.

Nobody ever calls all their hits because sometimes we don't feel them. It only takes the bb to strike a part of our gear that deadens the hit that could be a mag pouch, holster, a flappy bit on your trouser or any other part that is thicker than a couple of thin layers of material. A bb only weighs a fraction of a gram  and it doesn't take a lot to slow it down. So I believe that minimising the issue is best for all.

I never accused you or anybody of being dishonest I just pointed out that in my opinion a lot of your gear is too thick and heavy for airsoft usage. I stick by that as well because you can't tell me you always call hits if you don't feel or hear them. 

I also stick by the fact that when an airsofter picks his loadout he needs to think about how it affects his ability to feel hits. There is always a lot said about being nice to each other and calling hits but I think more should be done to police the sort of gear people wear as when people go full armadillo and start wearing pads it will affect hit taking whether they want to admit it or not.

I don't understand peoples need to go all military but it doesn't bother me either as long as what they wear is suitable because not all military gear is. There are plenty of self proclaimed geardos on here who post loadout pics that I have no issue with because although it's not my thing their choice of gear will have minimal effect on the hit taking issue.

When I do get pissed off is when peoples gear is ridiculously over the top for airsoft purposes  and does have a detrimental effect on their ability to feel hits. Some of you might say I have no right to comment on what people wear but I say that people who wear too much padding have no right to f*ck up mine or anyone else's day because you want to think you look tacticool. Would boxing still be fair if one of the fighters stepped in wearing a sumo suit and a crash helmet?  No it wouldn't and airsoft is still a game and people need to remember that the game is still the most important part.

As for your comment about airsoft not needing people like me I could say the same for you. When I play at the forefront of my mind is that everyone is the getting the best out of the day because its a social activity. I play to the benefit of my teammates but make sure that nothing I do oversteps the bounds of fairplay for those I am playing against. I have played with plenty of people off here whether at the forum games I have organised or just at normal days and I would hope that they would all agree that that actually I am just the sort of player airsoft needs. As the balanced individuals who play are generally more acceptable than the odd ones.

You can reply what you like to this as its my last post on this site because frankly its lost its way in the last year.

To those I have played alongside or those I have just shared a few laughs with well met.

To delusional nutjobs like you well you can just kiss my none camo coverered ass.

Laters all.

I feel as if this could have been a pretty interesting thread, I personally quite like Russian gear.

The dispute that has taken place here is definitely unfortunate and I don't believe it's actually solved anything apart from frustrating the parties involved!

But from the pictures that have been added to this thread, they look incredible! I'm not an impressionist by any means but I'd certainly like to throw together some Russian gear in the future as it provides a different aesthetic to the norm. Suppose I better get looking!

39 minutes ago, BigBlackGlock said:

I feel as if this could have been a pretty interesting thread, I personally quite like Russian gear.

The dispute that has taken place here is definitely unfortunate and I don't believe it's actually solved anything apart from frustrating the parties involved!

But from the pictures that have been added to this thread, they look incredible! I'm not an impressionist by any means but I'd certainly like to throw together some Russian gear in the future as it provides a different aesthetic to the norm. Suppose I better get looking!

I agree completely i think seeing some good gear is great especially foor the collectors out there and the people new to the sport i basically run a battlebelt and paintball mask combo but i love hearing about peoples gear its great i wish we could get back to it 

• Root Admin

I won't be cleaning up what's currently in this thread, but this let's stick to the subject of the OP. If you want to debate the ins and outs of gear purchases in general then make a new thread and do it there.

From here on in, any further arguments that deviate considerably from the spirit of this OP - including the above - will be deleted.

So getting this thread back on track. This was my set up last weekend and it worked incredibly well. We all had a great time and will be back at the thunder park in Cornwall again this coming weekend. 

We are just deciding if we are going to run recon kits of if we go full on direct action and carry on really getting stuck into the fire fights. 

20170509_124133.jpg

IMG_20170510_192522.jpg

• 2 months later...

Been working on my WIP 2016 TsSN FSB Alpha DA kit. It's starting to come together but more is still needed. 

35901457072_2eff909601_k.jpg

• 1 month later...

So I've finally managed to get my hands on a genuine Crye Precision AC set for my TsSN FSB Alpha kit. Just a few more bits needed for this kit now! 

Feel free to post up your Russian loadouts in whatever form they may take :) 

36312332453_1fda04c14d_k.jpg

• Supporters

Those hi-vis patches are giving me ptsd flashbacks to my last guard shift (you weren't there man).

Something I would like to know about russian kit; I see a lot of dudes in G2/AC cut multicams, presumably some are real but a fair few must be russian made copies? Any info?

1 hour ago, CKinnerley said:

Those hi-vis patches are giving me ptsd flashbacks to my last guard shift (you weren't there man).

Something I would like to know about russian kit; I see a lot of dudes in G2/AC cut multicams, presumably some are real but a fair few must be russian made copies? Any info?

The g2/ac cut uniforms with centre fsb are real crye precision. A small amount of the g3 uniforms are too but the majority (not all) of the g3 sets are made by slavyanka and some by voin. You can tell this as the stretch pannel on the back of the trousers is brown and not multicam. The  g3 shirts are also slightly different as the Velcro is slightly too bright. 

A few of the jpc's they use are real crye too but some are made by arma arms in Russia. Still real multicam fabric though.  You see the odd airframe pop up too but that's a copy made by Spartan who also do a lot of the ops core ballistics they use. That said some are real ops cores but again most are Russian made.

Where you see loads of repro kit is with low funded regional FSB teams and MVD sobr unit's. They don't get as much cool stuff as the top end teams. 

Recent image of TsSN FSB Vympel in Dagestan. 

Spartan airframe 

Crye/arma jpc

Crye ac set 

Mechanix mpact gloves 

FB_IMG_1504822641580.jpg

TsSN FSB Alpha 

LsHZ 1+ high cut helmet 

Slavyanka/voin g3 set 

Warrior Assault Systems DCS 

Believe it or not warrior won contracts to suply Russian sf units with the DCS and 901 set's along with loads of pouches and frag belts. 

FB_IMG_1495291716026.thumb.jpg.0b1320c3c6d3033c3780d753c54e6b02.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys, I'm looking for a bit of advice/help...

I'm fairly new to Russian gear but looking to branch out a bit! I bought myself a LCT AK and zenitco'd the sh*t out of it and I'm fairly happy with how it turned out but I'm looking for some gear to go with it... and I know to be somewhat accurate I should be looking for some inspiration from the ALFA teams but I'm allergic to multicam... to cut to the chase what other camo and chest rigs/plate carrier etc would go with a zenitco AK? I'm thinking along the lines of A-TACS and some kind of solid colour Plate carrier just not really sure what... any help would be greatly appreciated! 

On 9/29/2017 at 7:21 PM, Dachs said:

to cut to the chase what other camo and chest rigs/plate carrier etc would go with a zenitco AK?

Could try out a Gorka - they come in different camo flavours. Picked up a gorka in partizan recently - comfortable and it stands out amidst the sea of MC/MTP.

Direct link - https://grey-shop.ru/Gorka-E-SSO?search=Gorka

Hope it helps!

For atacs fg set up you could easily do a national guard kit (centre mvd). Ur tactical set and warrior DCS in atacs fg. Run that with a ops core ballistic and it's a reasonable kit you can improve on over time. 

On 05/10/2017 at 11:19 PM, Scopetacular said:

Could try out a Gorka - they come in different camo flavours. Picked up a gorka in partizan recently - comfortable and it stands out amidst the sea of MC/MTP.

Direct link - https://grey-shop.ru/Gorka-E-SSO?search=Gorka

Hope it helps!

I wouldn't use gorka e in SS leto (partizan is a cut of uniform) as it's not something that's used much these days apart from the odd obscure mvd unit. It's cool but not great if you're going for accuracy. 

FB_IMG_1506953801492.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2017 at 4:14 PM, Scopetacular said:

@MSSW Rune out of interest, what sidearm(s) do you run with your Русский loadouts?

Sorry for the slow response, completely forgot to reply to you. We mainly just use glock 17's. 

Had fun at skirmish Exeter on Sunday playing in our multicam DA kits. 2 more in the team are sorting theirs so should be pretty awesome when they do.

Point_Blur_Nov262017_190540.jpg

I currently run a 6sh92-3 vest in VSR camo while using my E&L AK74N. The vest came with VOG pouches which a lot of them don't seem to do. As for the rest of my loadout I wear Belgian Jigsaw camo when with my group otherwise I wear a Gorka suit. 

23215812_10155591675116609_8969424884105588120_o.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thoughts on my latest kit please. Post some images of your set ups to help inspire me some more. this thread needs some more life :D 

This is somewhat of a change of pace kit wise from my normal 2016/17 multicam centre FSB kits. Going for a slightly more regional look and around 2012-14. Very much a work in progress as I still want to get a Norotos PASGT shroud and ratchet strap plus a issued bars multicam cover. Then I just need real plates in the Fort D2 semi molle but I'm not sure what else.

25924120338_4e151262c3_b.jpg

Archived