Best M4 box/drum mag?

LazzurusMan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I bought a king arms 556 with the full rails and EBB a few months ago, and after putting my foregrip/spring bipod on it I realized she'd look sick as an LMG. I'm just looking for opinions on different box or drum mags for m4 magwells. I've seen a nice 5000rnd box mag but it's a manual wind, and I can imagine that getting very annoying after some time.

Does anyone have any suggestions or links?

And after looking at other forums posts on the same topic, yes, I know it wont be a "real" support weapon. But it's my gun, and I want to do it, Ok?

Unfortunately I really don't like the double drum mags. Just something about them doesn't look right. If firesupport had em in stock I'd probably pick up one of the box mags they have next payday (Only down the A47 from me).

I've found out about the A&K auto box mag, but I can't find em for sale anywhere.

Because I don't have £250+ to buy a new gun. This isn't a case of needing the new mag to play, I've got 10 stanag mags that fit and feed fine, I just want a box mag cause I think it looks cool.

Then ill just use my abundance of hi caps. Look, i just wanted to know if there was anywhere i could buy one as i think it would be cool. Apprently thats not allowed.

• Supporters

Banter Friday!

If you can't hit sh*t, it's not a drum mag you need. It's a few random expensive upgrades shoved into the gun, preferably by someone who never opened a gearbox before (you know, to keep the costs low) and how hard can it be, right? ;)

• Supporters

Then ill just use my abundance of hi caps. Look, i just wanted to know if there was anywhere i could buy one as i think it would be cool. Apprently thats not allowed.

Calm yourself, you've just hit on one of the magic topics in airsoft that guaranteed to rub folk up the wrong way! Like wanting to turn an MP5K into a DMR or using "sniper" when you actually mean "sniper rifle".

Anyhoo, what style of mag are you actually looking for? The one that goes on the Krytac LMG looks pretty decent and should work with a normal M4.

I do like the look of the krytac mag, but the price point is above me for the moment. I might be getting one of the a&k windy box mags for my birthday. Wont mean i can fire constantly without having the have one hand on the mag, but itll still look cooler. I had found an electric a&k box mag on evike, but im not sure of the import laws for airsoft mags.

And when compared to turning an mp5 into a dmr i see your point.

• Supporters

There's no legal issue with importing mags but the shipping and import duty buying from Evike will be too high to really justify.

Try looking on taiwangun or gunfire. While we're still officially in the EU they'll be much cheaper to import from!

There's no legal issue with importing mags but the shipping and import duty buying from Evike will be too high to really justify.

Try looking on taiwangun or gunfire. While we're still officially in the EU they'll be much cheaper to import from!

Ill bare that in mind. Cheers.

• Supporters

You should also bear in mind that box mags on M4s may be linked with the transmission of AIDS.

AIDS? Are you mental?

Everyone knows they give you Hep C.

Archived