Cheap little handy tool perhaps ???

Sitting Duck
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just noticed this in my local Aldi store today:

Suction-Vice-A.jpg?o=YKsZzPVm6mIJRpXgIfc

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-suction-vice/p/093934116525901

might be very handy for say helping when soldering dean connectors

plus numerous other stuff when you need a spare hand

or don't fancy spearing your own hand - yup I've done that

thing is it normally goes for about twice the price on fleabay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Table-Top-Vice-Clamp-W-Strong-Suction-Base-Hobby-Craft-Electronics-Model-/162243099691?hash=item25c6713c2b:g:7H4AAOSwh2xYBRnC

so if you got a local Aldi nearby it might be worth a look,

I'm thinking of grabbing one myself, knew I should grabbed one but thought nah

now I know it is half price or less then wtf - I've paid more for crap bb's

don't fancy spearing your own hand - yup I've done that

It would seem most of us have, I wish I had one when I done my connectors for the amount of this little vice you cant go wrong. Unless it falls to pieces when you pick it up!

Thanks for this! I might pop by aldi today and pick one up!

EDIT:just picked one up, they were hard to find since they're in small boxes but they're not bad quality!

• Supporters

Yup got mine lunchtime - funny most grab a sandwich for lunch

At first the suction wasn't great on the base then I noticed one of the three " tabs " at side wasn't sitting right

unfolded that slightly bent tab - f*ck me it sticks at 90 degrees to a kitchen cupboard....

gave it a good pull, then another and thought yeah best ease up a bit it is well stuck & might yank the cupboard apart

yeah - mrs duck wouldn't see the funny side to that me thinks

comes with rubber jaw protectors - opens to about 68mm maybe just under 3 inches if remove jaw protectors

I know exactly what will happen though, I will get nagged "that isn't staying there...."

so I put it away in its box somewhere safe and won't be able to find it when I need it next time

Hmmmm - should I therefore buy a second one to increase my chances of locating one of them

my usual excuse btw

the real answer - put it in the man cave or garage workshop $hithole full of clutter

Archived