Viper great. Yes or no

PopRocket123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've finally decided to ditch my bulky webbing a build a light weight low profile plate carrier at up. I've seen these viper tactical small plate carriers for less than £50 which is a lot less than other rigs I've seen. Are the viper ones any good or do you get what you pay for?

Makes sense. What would you recommend for a small plate carrier. There's so many out there and I don't have the budget to go through all of them to find one I like

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I know people don't rate Viper gear very highly, but I'm quite happy with my Viper vest for the time being.

Holds all my gear, is comfortable and mine is made pretty good too, save for some wobbly stitching on one of the pockets (but that's what your missus is for! ;) )

I believe I saw Trigger with a viper vest at the mall earlier this month too. I'm sure he'll come and weigh in on this too later on.

I've used viper when I first started and it was ok but not brilliant it needed a few repairs and mods along the way. You could look at a surplus Osprey MK4 they are easily available and reasonably priced.

• Supporters

I believe I saw Trigger with a viper vest at the mall earlier this month too. I'm sure he'll come and weigh in on this too later on.

Yeah I run a Viper vest sometimes when playing the mall but do I think they are good quality in general, no not really.

The LA tac vest is ok-ish but I only use it because it holds the Sig55 mags well.

I prefer my crye belt but find with all the ducking and diving in the mall the vest works better as its feels more secure and I dont care if I snag it and ruin it.

Mine isn't exactly as bought though. The crappy plastic zip has been replaced with a metal one all the internal pockets have been slashed out and the naff belt replaced with a warrior one because the buckle on the viper one is crap.

It serves a purpose but is it great hell no.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Ok except some wobbly stitching? So not ok then!

Ermmm.. no. It is ok.

It's the stitched lines under the viper logo on the breast pocket. Hardly worth worrying about.

I'm sure in time I'll ditch it for a plate carrier set up. But for now it's fine for what I need it for.

dont have any experiance with tactical wear/brands etc but i brought a viper special ops chest rig the other day, for the money i think its decent,, even holds my mk23 which im stoked about, had to cut a hole out the bottom so the supressor sticks through but what i was concerned with was the fabric tearing after i had cut it, thought i might have to do some stiching or glueing but turns out it doesnt tear easy at all , iv just left the hole as it is, the fabric/material is strong enough and they lined the fabric internally with this rubber coating to prevent that and i guess it aids water proofing too.., anyway for what i paid for im more then happy with it , im going to assume the rest of there products would be similar , good value for money,

I'm only planning on strapping a few mag pouches and pockets and stuff so it wouldn't be under much stress. I was looking at this one in particular

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/clothing-combat-gear-c4/vests-rigs-c95/viper-tactical-viper-elite-carrier-green-p4398

• Moderators

my brother still tuns his £16 PC thing from patrolbase with 3 warrior single mag pouches attached from Proffink (yes i sold them on :):)) and still not had any issues. end of the day its what your comfy wearing, some games i see people with loads of pouches etc attached to their vests and struggle to move around quickly :)

I run a bit of viper and think it's alright for what it is. Prices could be a bit more reasonable for certain items but they do carry a load of gear for budget prices (when compared to real tactical gear).

You can also try Condor. I have a few of their chest rigs which are quality for the cost. http://www.condoroutdoor.com/

• Supporters

im going to assume the rest of there products would be similar , good value for money,

When it comes to budget gear, you don't want to assume that. That's the one real consistent flaw with such brands; inconsistency. Depending on just how over-worked the under-trained under-paid far eastern sew shop warehouse worker is on that particular day you might get something that's all sewn together, you might get something with important bar-tacks missed or completely messed up wonky stitching in general. Or it might all be put together exactly to manufacturer spec in which case if the materials are decent it'll probably be more than adequate for years of airsoft use. There is a fair bit of stuff out there of course that's so bad it'll fall apart even when it's made exactly to the laid down spec, but generally that's the uber-cheap stuff.

There's always Warrior stuff available 2nd hand, or buy this stuff: http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/mainsearch.php?zoom_query=bulle

Thanks guys. I got myself a condor one and it seems pretty solid.

16521678_1206590836123903_258010707_n.jp

This is all I have attached to it plus a hydration pack on the pack and it works great.

Archived