Intoduction

Combatsniper
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

My name is Ainsley and I'm new to the airsoft side but not to sniping being an ex military sniper and having served in Afghanistan.

We're running Sniper courses and games based around airsoft snipers at very well equipped airsoft site near Norwich uk very soon. More details available soon via Facebook and website. Packages for airsoft snipers which includes training in camouflage and concealment, stalking and fire positions then putting it into practice.

Having had a go at airsoft I find it very good fun and hopefully people will enjoy the experience 🤞.

Thanks for your time, looking forward to using the forum and gaining some airsoft knowledge 👍🏼

Welcome to the group.

I think similar has been tried before.

I dont know what long term success ex mil guys have in selling this type of training. They tend to flare up in promotion activity on social media and then it goes a bit quiet ?

Some like CAG up in the North East have cut a swath through the milsim world.

I think many ex military guys struggle with the civilian culture that airsoft contains. Expensive courses also only tend to appeal to a minority and is further diluted by geographical spread.

Have a look at the hunteering crowd as they seem to offer sniper based activities and might be considered competition ?

Good luck with your venture.

Thank you for your input.

I'm very lucky to be using a facility which is getting large volumes of airsofters each week already and has various other activities, they have over 27k followers on FB!

In terms of price we're looking at £25 for both training and games or £15 for each part seperatly. Both parts will be based around military training but with airsoft in mind.

From what I've seen no-one is offering this type of thing?

TBH likes, followers etc is all a load of bo**ocks in my humble opinion, dreamt up by social media gurus so they can use ego to sell advertising.

Bums on seats is what counts.

If enough people pay their money and turn up at your events, then great, youre doing something right but dont get schmoozled by media.

Most people have looked at a FB page and forgotten what theyve just read in seconds, Few even read more than 60 characters.

We get most of our milsim players from word of mouth.

I dont follow the market that closely as I do this for fun rather than a living, but people regularly pop up offering combat training.

I think many stop after a while for reasons best known to them.

No not doom and gloom. Just what Ive observed. Airsoft is a funny industry to make business in which is why so many people just do it for a hobby. If you've got the right product at the right price, you'll succeed.

Archived