Collecting?

prof_crunchy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, i just joined primarily cos i have two questions about the airsoft laws.

Firstly I already own a CZ 75D compact CO2 gun (http://www.gunstar.co.uk/images/Gun-Images/Dan-Wesson-CZ75D-Compact-A7758.jpg), it was bought by my father in 2009 (i was 17 at the time), however he does not have a UKARA membership, (and i don't think he even knows anything about it).

So am i right in saying that technically he broke the law in buying that gun, but i am not breaking the law in owning it?

Secondly i want to ask about collecting, I like airsoft guns and would like to buy more for the sake of collection, i am not interested in playing skirmishes or anything like that, so i won't be able to get a UKARA number. So i cannot collect (RIF) guns legally?

He did but if the seller did nto make sure that he had a defence then its more the sellers fault

As for your collectiong question then you carnt leagally buy any airsoft RiFs with out a Defence

He did but if the seller did nto make sure that he had a defence then its more the sellers fault

As for your collectiong question then you carnt leagally buy any airsoft RiFs with out a Defence

and the only defenses are skirmishing and reenactment?

Hey all, i just joined primarily cos i have two questions about the airsoft laws.

Firstly I already own a CZ 75D compact CO2 gun (http://www.gunstar.co.uk/images/Gun-Images/Dan-Wesson-CZ75D-Compact-A7758.jpg), it was bought by my father in 2009 (i was 17 at the time), however he does not have a UKARA membership, (and i don't think he even knows anything about it).

So am i right in saying that technically he broke the law in buying that gun, but i am not breaking the law in owning it?

Secondly i want to ask about collecting, I like airsoft guns and would like to buy more for the sake of collection, i am not interested in playing skirmishes or anything like that, so i won't be able to get a UKARA number. So i cannot collect (RIF) guns legally?

The only defences are Skirmishing, Reenactment, Theatre use as prop, Film use as prop and Television use as prop.

Hope this helps

Archived