Deans conversions with factory fitted mosfets

Kash
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, Just curious as I converted my krytac crb to deans as I damaged the tamiya connector.

However now it seems to make a fairly audible ping or metallic clank when I stop shooting, im assuming this is the anti reversal latch.

Is this better connection causing overspin with the factory mosfet settings?

the OE mosfet does not have AB so would have no impact on overspin. Having a lower resistance connection may induce overspin, what fps is it making, what battery are you using and are you running the UK spec 20k motor or the USA spec 30k motor?

Didnt have chance to put any bbs through, it was half 9 or 10 last night when I was finished fixing my own mess, just checked that it cycled

• Supporters

Deans will add or up about 10% to an existing final loom's rps

A complete rewire with better 16awg to 14awg wire if you can cram it in, mosfet & deans 15% to 17% absolute max

we covered this slight "ding" and we think it is the AR latch & bevel having 4 latches

I also think the AR latch's spring might be a tad light or AR latch a bit slow to latch tbh

on 7.4v 25c deans you should not get any real overspin even with a 30k motor on std 18:1 gears

rough ball-park figure you went from say 15rps to 16.5rps that is about it depending on 20k or 30k motor

don't shoot me if these figures are a little more if you have to 30k motor - won't be over 20rps I think

I think you will be fine

Quick update, fired a mag through it no issues with the clanky noise, one jam but I think that was my fault mistiming the trigger in semi, cleared itself when I clicked into auto

Archived