Custom Builds

G1DD3N
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Makes me feel a little better about having a go.  The receiver I was looking at (G&P) comes complete with a gearbox & motor so that should take away a least a little bit of the frustration I would guess.  What did you go for in the way of Hopunit?  Anything special or just like a madbull or something?

I would stick with a standard G&P hop up unit first if you aren't going to change out the air nozzle simpy for compatibility purposes but if you are going for say a lonex nozzle then go for the lonex hop up. Matching compression parts and the hop up is a good idea for achieving perfect air seal as long as the brand is decent. If you don't have to, I would honestly keep all the G&P compression parts inside the gun because as long as they provide the correct cylinder air volume to barrel ratio and they have a good seal, there is no need to change them and it saves money. 

G&P Hop Up Unit 

Prommy purple flat hopped with firefly flat nub 

Prometheus 6.03

O-ring the barrel at the hop up end until it pushes against the gearbox enough for perfect seal

Place a small piece of card next to the hop up arm on the hop up so that the hop up keeps its setting

Profit?

Archived