British army do not need ukara???

Sam1454
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I heard a rumor the other day that any serving member of the armed forces in this country do not need a ukara license. I'm in the TA myself and have a ukara anyway it would just be nice to know truth behind the rumor.

Just to make it clear having any sort of firarms training/licence dose not mean you can purchase a RiF

You must have some sort of defence (UKARA) to prove that your a regular skirmisher and that is what you will use the RiF for.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately the only way you could buy one is if it was shown to be for use within the TA.

"the purposes of functions that a person has in his capacity as a person in the service of Her Majesty."

The whole point of UKARA is just to prove that you will use the RIF for skirmishing at an approved site.

It's a bit like DRM on games.

People who want to pirate them will get past it anyway, but people who are buying it legally run into more problems because of it.

Archived