Krytac m100 chrono 387 fps

NathyB
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is I got a m100 lonex Spring off eBay swapped it out with my stock Spring which was shooting 297ish and I guesses the m100 would push it up to 340-340 I don't have a chrono and went to a game today and it came in at 387 do you guys they maybe sent me a m110 Spring by accident or is that the fps a m100 would take it to in a Krytac ?

• Supporters

sounds like a Guarder / Garder spring

these are very often the next rating up or a bit more

the ratings are a guide only - SHS are not bad

but every gun is different so will never get expected 328fps in every gun or every build

usually they get a gun around 330 give or take a bit - could be 310 could be 350

from one gun to another of the exact same model

you got a m120 spring which equates to 393.6 - bit of wear n tear on seals/hop etc....

as Trigger & jcheeseright said

you should get a new shs m100 or look at cutting coils - I don't recommend cutting coils tbh

element do a m105 but this could be a smidge too warm placing you just over 350 in some guns

if you are going to do your own work then at some point you & your friends will need a chrono between you

sounds like a mislabeled spring or a garder spring - they do produce bigger results

think m100 & sp100 do not equate to the same ratings

others like prommy & some others can produce different results

and the 140 or 190% = I haven't got f*cking clue what that crap relates to either

hence shs are a reasonable safer go to bet - but still can produce a bit more/less than expected

soz but new spring or cut it, but needs to be finished off well & still a bit of guess work imho

(I'd get a new spring tbh)

Thanks mate for your info, I've just checked the packaging definitely a m100 but maybe like you said could be labelled wrong,

Don't see the problem with buying things off eBay as long as it's a reliable seller, but thanks for your input it's appreciated

Had you set the hop for the weight of BB you would actually be using? The Krytac hop drops fps as you wind it on, is why I run 0.3g BBs in my PDW as with the hop set it chronos just shy of 350 on 0.2g BBs (it doesn't have any joule creep either so is spot on for where I play) I doubt it would drop 37+ fps though.

• Supporters

Does any one know what stock Spring comes in the crb mark one it normally chrono's at 290ish

I didn't adjust the hop

They normally chrono about 320ish and as for what spring thats already been answered in your own thread.

It's bad enough you can't google your question yourself but not finding the answer in your own thread is pathetic.

Uk is m100 the only place you get a lower spring is Italy if I remember right, I think they get an m90.

what I meant was does the the gun come with a m90 Spring as stock, sorry that I don't know the ins and outs of these things I must of mistaken this forum for some where to come to ask for advice from others who know, no need for snide comments when asking for advice and yes before you mention it I did try to google the answer but had no luck and no I don't know the fps's to the different springs, but I guess I won't bother asking in the future as I tire of people just generally been un helpfull

• Supporters

It wasn't a snide comment it was a blunt one.

Second post in this thread states what spring is in the krytac so you already had been given the answer. Most people on here are helpful but there is a limit.

Just googled krytac uk spring to see how difficult it was to find the info and got it straight away.

Always happy to help but not to spoon feed.

• 2 months later...

This thread is a little old but is the top result in google when you search "Krytac M100", so I'm just posting some useful info for others who land here.

My CRB chrono'd at about 290-300fps on the stock spring, which is around normal for a UK spec MK2 CRB. I tried an SHS M100 and a Nuprol M100 and with hop set to OFF both were 375fps or more (the SHS one was more like 385fps actually).

On the Nuprol M100, with the hop set correctly for 0.28s, which I tend to use, it's pretty much bang on 350fps on 0.2s (my chrono was reading 345-347fps on average). The 0.28s are at around 295fps, which is equivalent to 1.13 joules, so perfect (my local sites tend to have a 350fps limit on 0.2s, which is also 1.13 joules).

I'd pretty confidently say that the stock spring in a UK CRB is most definitely NOT M100, it's more like M90. There is a noticeable difference in the stiffness of the two M100s I bought in comparison to the stock spring - the stock spring is more easily compressed in the hand.

So, NathyB, hope you find this useful. The answer is that what you're seeing seems to be normal. Stick with the M100 and tune your hop for a heavier weight BB, which is something I would recommend anyway for outdoor play. You should find that on 0.2s, your velocity drops back down to around 350fps. If it's still a little hot, give the Nuprol M100 a try, it was about 10fps lower than the SHS one for me in the CRB.

Cheers

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, j1renicus said:

This thread is a little old but is the top result in google when you search "Krytac M100", so I'm just posting some useful info for others who land here.

My CRB chrono'd at about 290-300fps on the stock spring, which is around normal for a UK spec MK2 CRB. I tried an SHS M100 and a Nuprol M100 and with hop set to OFF both were 375fps or more (the SHS one was more like 385fps actually).

With the hop set correctly for 0.28s, which I tend to use, it's pretty much bang on 350fps on 0.2s (my chrono was reading 345-347fps on average). The 0.28s are at around 295fps, which is equivalent to 1.13 joules, so perfect (my local sites tend to have a 350fps limit on 0.2s, which is also 1.13 joules).

I'd pretty confidently say that the stock spring in a UK CRB is most definitely NOT M100, it's more like M90. There is a noticeable difference in the stiffness of the two M100s I bought in comparison to the stock spring - the stock spring is more easily compressed in the hand.

So, NathyB, hope you find this useful. The answer is that what you're seeing seems to be normal. Stick with the M100 and tune your hop for a heavier weight BB, which is something I would recommend anyway for outdoor play. You should find that on 0.2s, your velocity drops back down to around 350fps. If it's still a little hot, give the Nuprol M100 a try, it was about 10fps lower than the SHS one for me in the CRB.

Cheers

Read this 

https://krytac.forumchitchat.com/post/crb-uk-version-stock-spring-7562448

The guy answering called Allizard is one of the Kriss USA managers and deals with the UK side of things so pretty sure he knows what he is talking about.

Also you cant tell what rate a spring is by compressing it in your hand.

Yeah I've seen his posts on that forum before and he clearly knows what he's talking about.

I'd guess perhaps myself and OP received our CRBs from a batch that for whatever reason (part availability, or perhaps originally intended for Italy?) weren't shipped from the factory with an M100 equivalent spring. It's worth noting that he doesn't categorically state that it's an M100 in all UK CRBs, he leaves some ambiguity there.

Otherwise, why would I see such an obvious difference when replacing the stock spring with two different M100 rated springs? I mean, I literally swapped the springs and tested them myself.

Sure, I thought it was a bit odd myself to be honest, hence me buying the additional M100 and testing again, with a very similar result.

My results are what they are though. Two different brand M100s = 375+ fps on my otherwise stock MK2 CRB.

I'll monitor the chrono readings I get with it as time goes on - maybe hopup rubber wear, cylinder / piston wear and maybe spring wear will change things. In that thread you linked, Allizard does say at one point "pretty sure you have the type 1 cylinder" - this could indicate that there are slightly different combinations of components in certain batches, so who knows.

Real world results will always trump what some dude on the internet says in any case ;)

On 29/01/2017 at 5:28 PM, Sitting Duck said:

sounds like a Guarder / Garder spring

these are very often the next rating up or a bit more

Wish I'd known that sooner, I've an 85, 90 and 100 and non of them give me 1J.

I cut several coils off the Guarder SP100 and still chronoed 365 last time I was at the mall due to the rings on the reinforced spring guide, and 335 with the normal guide.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

Wish I'd known that sooner, I've an 85, 90 and 100 and non of them give me 1J.

m85 Guarder "should be near it" but all fps/muzzle energy/joules stuff varies in each gun...

Related image

But Guarder's are usually said to be a Guarder SP100 = M110

or the next one up

or they make/chrono/rate their springs for 0.25's

But basically Guarder springs are a not same as M??? springs

On 4/15/2017 at 9:02 PM, ImTriggerHappy said:

Read this 

https://krytac.forumchitchat.com/post/crb-uk-version-stock-spring-7562448

The guy answering called Allizard is one of the Kriss USA managers and deals with the UK side of things so pretty sure he knows what he is talking about.

That guy told me (roughly, I don't have the exact quote to hand)  "it's incredibly rare for the gears to fail before anything else on a stock CRB or SPR", the gears in my CRB and my mate's SPR both (for want of a better phrase) ate themselves within 4 skirmishes (we bought them from landwarrior, 1 week apart). granted we could have got a dodgy batch, but it goes to show that even the "experts" don't know everything... 

All that aside, useful thread.

On 18/04/2017 at 10:05 AM, callumbagshaw said:

That guy told me (roughly, I don't have the exact quote to hand)  "it's incredibly rare for the gears to fail before anything else on a stock CRB or SPR", the gears in my CRB and my mate's SPR both (for want of a better phrase) ate themselves within 4 skirmishes (we bought them from landwarrior, 1 week apart). granted we could have got a dodgy batch, but it goes to show that even the "experts" don't know everything... 

All that aside, useful thread.

It is incredibly rare to be fair to Krytac. The gears on a krytac are much stronger and have a higher rockwell rating than SHS, ZCI and a BUNCH of other gears on the market which you should expect from the price of the gears. What battery were you using? The piston should of eaten itself first definitely way before the gears would of even showed signs of wear so the motor height may have been way too high which I found out I had when I first took it apart to inspect height and that. Also, the shimming may have been way off which is again very rare and I had some fairly tight shimming but it wasn't that bad and then obviously the clear choice here which is you probably got some f*cked batch which I know that guys from Matt the Musketeer's team had. 

3 hours ago, Katana said:

It is incredibly rare to be fair to Krytac. The gears on a krytac are much stronger and have a higher rockwell rating than SHS, ZCI and a BUNCH of other gears on the market which you should expect from the price of the gears. What battery were you using? The piston should of eaten itself first definitely way before the gears would of even showed signs of wear so the motor height may have been way too high which I found out I had when I first took it apart to inspect height and that. Also, the shimming may have been way off which is again very rare and I had some fairly tight shimming but it wasn't that bad and then obviously the clear choice here which is you probably got some f*cked batch which I know that guys from Matt the Musketeer's team had. 

I know it's rare and my local tech said the exact same thing about the piston and the motor positioning which makes it all the more intriguing, especially since it happened to two separate RIFs at roughly the same time!

**Edit** - I don't know that much about gears & gearboxes, that's why I took it to a professional. However, I just remembered him saying something about a pin that keeps the circular side of the gears flat against one another, and that pin had become loose, which meant that as the gears spun (ideally on a 2D/flat pivot - if that makes sense) they were actually moving up and down (in 3D) on the pivot as thy spun around. **Edit**

This is running an 11.1v LiPO (Deans connector - first thing I did when I got the gun was take out the fuse and re-wire to deans, so maybe it's my own bloody fault)

Anyway, it turned out that (and feel free to slander this but all i can say is it's a f*cking beast now) my local tech added:

-stronger spring (not sure on the exact strength i just know it's stronger than the stock one that was shooting at 280FPS +/-) now shooting about 340FPS on a .2g

-ASG Ultimate gear set (I think that's what they were called, they were ASG anyway) - he also checked the shimming while he was in there 

... He did offer to order in the official Krytac ones but the only supplier with them in was in the states, would have taken probably a month to get them shipped and fitted, and considering the only first hand evidence I had with those gears at the time was that I'd seen 2 and both had broken, i just trusted his judgement.

-TBB (brand of which I can't remember but I'm pretty sure its 6.03) 

-Prommy purple rubber and flat nub

Since those additions I've seen noticeable increases in range, accuracy and most particularly, fire rate - I never chrono'd the fire rate out of the box so my somewhat invalid assumption of around 20-24 RPS is not accurate, however it's now shooting 28RPS and you can tell just from the sound of it that it's faster than before.

Players at my local site have commented before about hearing the gun and knowing that it's me, which speaks for itself about the distinct noise.

FYI, the friend who's SPR also died (mine is a CRB) decided to sell it instead of fixing it and I think he's now secretly a bit jealous ;) 

Archived