Need your opinion on the DBoys Gun

namlas
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everybody. Im new to the world of airsoft and I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I seen this gun for sale:

http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/ch3181ab-dboys-ch3181ab-aisroft-gun-with-grenade.html#.WIzWxnSnzqB

I know the website is terrible but how is the gun? I was going to order 2 for my brother and I but it has mixed reviews.

330 FPS at £100? What a bargain but it seems too good to be true. No model number or anything so I cant find alot out. Is the gun any good?

Thanks

• Supporters

Plastic gearbox. Avoid.

If you want cheap, don't go lower than the cyma cm.5xx series. Those are not good, but will work fine.

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/for-beginners?campaign-id=13

You can't beat £79 posted, with a gift patch. :) They downgrade for free to 330 fps too. I can't remember if they do two toning or not. Gunfire.pl does. Check them if taiwangun doesn't.

Thanks for the reply. Apparently Taiwan Guns does not 2 tone. How would I go about getting gun-fire.pl to 2 tone for me? I dont see an option on their website for it

Thanks

• Supporters

Get a long & a short raider then

tbh the raider comes in 230 or 360 barrel length aprox

wish it came in 280-300 medium version but hey ho

I'd say get the cm18 but it is more expensive and comes with mid cap that will need speed loader

If you like M4's then the G&G has a flexible polymer which won't crack like a more brittle china M4

If you wanted a G36 then a JG is the way to go - best bang for ya buck end of

if you wanted AK then Cyma 028 or upwards

JG are not bad either but mostly Cyma are the AK ones in general

Cyma 5xx series or Spartac - it is a rebrand of cyma M4 or AK's are the absolute cheap cheap end

they are ok but the M4 is the brittle plastic & the AK has a plastic dust cover which will bust over time

hence get a 028 upwards AK for a tenner more

or get a G&G Raider is the general opnion

The 515 is a cheap gun - probably impossible to beat if you was on a budget:

https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php/topic/27302-cyma-cm515-cheapo-plastic-keymod-aeg-l70-aprox/

it is a pretty good gun but needs work & I mention I have my doubts just how durable the receiver is long term in harsh cold

but if/when it busts it is still worth the money but do not think it is quite as good as a raider imho

it is really plastic - the stock tube was plastic but the outer barrel was metal & stock barrel was quite good too

the box is also a good box - not high end precision but quite decent - in fact as parts go it is ok for the price

BUT I'd still get a Raider - yes everybody has one but they will hold up well and easy to sell on

if they was that crap they wouldn't sell so many

do not get a src or bulldog m4 from JBBG - please don't make my mistakes

a cyma m4 pi$$es over most src's - well especially from JBBG

have a look around but be careful buying anything from sites with BB in their name

Archived