Been there, done that... what now ?

CanErdogan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

As a fellow airsofter I have a question that might involve your personal preferences and experiences.

I am a type of guy who likes to sneak around and make precise single shots instead of going full auto and dying and respawning 100 times a day.

When I first started airsoft, I rented UMAREX AK type couple of times, then I thought I want more accuracy and range so I bought myself a Krytac SPR only to realise I dont like long action guns. Then I sold that and got my current gun which is G&P Sentry Troy.

Well, the problem is this one is not my soulmate either. All 3 type of guns were great in their own way (even rental guns were slightly used and precise guns) but I didnt feel very comfortable and satisfied with them.

Now I am going to sell G&P too and get new gun. After these 3 try and fail attempt I just wanted to ask you lads opinion about this messed up situation. Have you ever went through a phase like this before ?

I am looking for TM Recoil ones like Scar or 416D but those guns are similar(in look) to what I had in past and I am afraid I might not like it and it would be disaster after paying shit load of money or maybe ASG Evo or even sniper rifle?

What type do you think should be tried as next style of gun ?

Best way is to get to a shop and handle as many different guns as possible, personally I can't stand standard AK's because the stocks too short, the best airsoft rifle I've ever handled was a tavor, problem is that the internals are crap.

Plus you might want to look at the history of the real steel rifles, many guys I know choose guns because of what they're based on, and just overcome any uncomfortableness.

• Supporters

So what exactly you didn't like about those guns?

Ask people at a skirmish if you can try their guns if it's ergonomics you are after.

G36K is a good ergo gun, also a Masada if you can find one.

G3 is super accurate, but long for you. M14 socom is good but it's front heavy and the mags aren't easy to handle. A railed medium sized AK with a SAW grip is comfy too.

Mp5 is a great all around gun.

Internally you don't need to go too expensive. A TM is not any more accurate than a properly maintained chinese gun.

i would recomend looking at a decent gbbr, as for the model thats obviously down to you, iv recently been converted over to gas from aeg {ghk m4} and im loving it, mid last year i returned too airsoft from not playing for around 15 years , when i started playing again i still had the same mentality of shooting , walking my burst fire on too target, which works every time but its not nearly as satisfying as a properly aimed single or two shot kill, yea sure you can do that with aeg but the accuracy and consistancy along with the feeling {trigger pull , no motor noise and smoothness} of a gbbr makes for a better experiance IMO, sounds like thats what your after? , some gbbr's can run hot but can easily be locked to semi {by fileing part of the trigger mech, parts are replacable } so can be used as a dmr if your site allows DMR's also ghk has an optional 1joule bolt which should bring the fps down enough, idk something to consider , but going back to AEG now just doesnt feel right, the whole motor/gearbox whine and spring just kills it for the experiance.....

• Supporters

Lots of advice on here but the bits to pick out from it are just to go to a shop and try a few because how comfortable it is to use and how it performs is all that matters.

Forget real world story because that doesn't matter and gbbrs are no more accurate than aegs. Go and try and then buy, no one else can really advise you on this because you are not a beginner just someone who is trying to find the right fit and that's a personal thing.

TM MWS GBBR.

Should be good in all weathers, should be legal on all sites and great fun to use.

Alright, I guess I got the message here.

To be honest I dont feel comfortable asking people to try their gun and even I do sometime I cannot understand how gun performs in couple of shots right ?

I really need to try before buying next time. The only shop near me is Wolf Armories in Camden. I suppose I should visit the store once again (last time wasnt that pleasant since no one gave a shit about me being customer there).

To leave a future airsofter lets just say for the records,

Try before buy

Good gun does not have to be expensive

Take good care of your AEG and maybe get a proper hop - barrel to achieve strong accuracy.

Buy cheap, buy multiple times because you will definitely change your mind in couple of games

Archived