Expected groupings

delbert
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys.

Not been in this sport for long to know the answer to this.

My G&G gc16 srl seems have some good range but groupings can be a little wild so this makes me wonder.

what sort of groupings do you get at 50 and 100 foot engagements?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Not been in this sport for long to know the answer to this.

My G&G gc16 srl seems have some good range but groupings can be a little wild so this makes me wonder.

what sort of groupings do you get at 50 and 100 foot engagements?

I have a G&G R8L and was really surprised by the long range accuracy as a completely stock sub-£200 AEG. Most of my engagements happen around the 50-80ft mark, with some long range shots up to 150, although they are more suppression than anything else and not meant to be particularly spot on target.

I use Blaster Bio 0.25 and Devil Blaster 0.25s, I can expect groupings to all fit on a portrait A4 sheet at 60ft, and possible the odd one outside that at 80ft if there's a bit of wind. There's more vertical deviation than horizontal, but I expect an aftermarket hop up upgrade can help dial that in. I'm considering putting a tightbore in as well, since that would also push the .20g fps a bit closer to 350, which means I could think about going up to 0.28s without the need for spring changes, because as I'm led to believe, with spring changes - especially on a more budget than pro gun - it's usually wise to also upgrade other internals for protection from the harder strength.

Archived