JP FAMAS Fire Selector

Cipher-032
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello!

As we all my know Chinese guns dont serve very well. Specially the JP Kind.

I bought a JP FAMAS off a fella off Youtube for cheap. And will be restoring the gun. (Body work is mainly left).

It had a problems with the spring release, but I've fixed that issue. As well as some new soldering :D

Any way. Its very strange problem as described in the title. The gun will fire fully auto in Semi. If you hold down the trigger the gun continues to fire. As If It was fully auto. The lever in the gear box pivots the connection which energizes the circuit up. But how would that change the fire mode?

Can any one help on this? I'll post pictures tomorrow as I've just assembled the gun again. Ive had enough of bloody gearboxes and grease!

I know that for certain, and Im ready to do so.

On saftey it cuts off the circuit, so it doesnt fire, Thats fine.

As I said on Fully Auto, The gun does nothing.

Your almost right. Problem is the cut off lever is worn to the point where the cam lobe floats over it. So I need to add 2mm worth of material. As there are no replacement parts about. So its either Braise a piece of material on and snip it down. Or add a dop of MiG weld to the tip.

Archived