AEP - as a seasonal sidearm for cold months

Ajax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

What is your view on AEP (I.e. cm.030 or similar) as a option to replace GBB pistol during colder months?

I play mostly CQB (especially in winter) so c.200 FPS shouldn't be a problem. But what worries me:

1. Do these pistols reach and maintain this c.200 FPS?

2. How badly the spring deteriorates over the time? On one of the videos I saw that guy who clamed that his went down from 200 go 140ish after a year of not using the gun?

Since I plan to use it only during cold months if this is true it would be a deal breaker for me :(

What is your view on this subject? Should I invest in AEP or keep using Co2 in winter?

Cheers

or just run a TM G17 GBB, mine works dandy all year round outdoors use (just don't bother with TM mags, use WE mags as they work better and are cheaper)

Yeah, TM pistol left bone stock will shoot just fine in winter.

You should remove your remark about bullying, thats not even funny. Where rate the "mods" when you need them

Aaaand how about AEP reliability in longer run? Is the statement about FPS deterioration over time due to not using the pistol true?

• Supporters

Like any spring, if stored compressed for long periods of time they'll lose their 'springiness'. The main problem with an AEP though isn't the low FPS, it's the 2 second wait for the tiny gearbox to pull back the piston and actually fire a shot.

You think that's bad? You should hear my views on participation trophies!

Like how can people learn to improve and strive to be better when even being a loser is celebrated?

I will agree that the bullying comment is wrong though, it should be in large flashing neon letters.

I agree with the participation trophies, winners are winners losers are losers, but i suppose we are lucky enough that someone stopped Hitler and we can play airsoft freely (unless your blonde with blue eyes). I just think that your painting all overweight people with the same brush which those comments shouldn't be on web sites just kept to yourselves.

• Supporters

I agree with the participation trophies, winners are winners losers are losers, but i suppose we are lucky enough that someone stopped Hitler and we can play airsoft freely (unless your blonde with blue eyes). I just think that your painting all overweight people with the same brush which those comments shouldn't be on web sites just kept to yourselves.

How about my belief that the way to solve over population and the natural resources crisis is just to burn all the stupid people in power plants as fossil fuel?

I mean coal and gas and getting harder to find but morons are 10 a penny.

How about my belief that the way to solve over population and the natural resources crisis is just to burn all the stupid people in power plants as fossil fuel?

I mean coal and gas and getting harder to find but morons are 10 a penny.

Burning people as fuel wouldn't be a fossil fuel, it would be a biofuel. Plus, agreed :P

If people get offended by it, it only proves his point further...

Archived