Battle Belt

NathyB
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does any one run a battle belt with m4 mag pouches instead of chest rigs or vests I have a chest rig and find it a bit cumbersome was thinking a belt might be a better set up if I'm just running around with my m4 and 4 high caps ??? I only play woodland any opinions are help full thanks

Does any one know of any cheap belts with pouches ?

I am not a fan of chest rigs either so just use a FAT mag in my M4, holds 850 BBs which is just about perfect capacity for a 3hr game, means I don't need to carry anything on a belt or chest rig/vest.

I wear a battle belt. I have 2 single pouches then a double on my left side and largeish LMG ammo(I think) pouch for a small bottle of water, speed loader and small bag of bb's on my right. It's all I need for a morning game. If I use my radio that clips onto a bit on the yoke. I see people with scissors and glow sticks stuck in their vest and tons of pouches plus holster and camelpak. That's a bit overkill imo.

ETA

You can pick up a multicum belt for £20 on ebay.

Having been playing for about a year I have come to the realisation Airsoft is 10% useful and 90% fluff.. And I am a sucker for all the fluff!!

I have had all sorts of plans for loadouts, and weapon combos but I have stripped it all back.

I started off wanting the full geardo kit, uniform, patches, rig with the kitchen sink cable-tied onto the back, torch on my head/gun/arm flashing lights and mobile disco ball (exaggeration but you get my point)

Now I am a tart!! I am a total sucker for a nice put together loadout, and weapon. I love all the accessories and buying/reading about new stuff (I have more pouches than I have places to put them its crazy) but I realise I dont NEED all of that. Playing stripped back gives me more freedom and I enjoy myself a bit more too as I am not snagging on bushes or not feeling hits but to wearing a plate carrier fully loaded with pouches on pouches glowsticks scissors med packs and sorts hanging off me.

Not knocking those that do, but I seem to have gone from one extreme to another.

But to answer your question!!

Last few games I have played in combat trousers and a hoodie with a belt with a pistol holster on my right, 3 mag pouch on the left and dump pouch behind me. Sling on my gun and thats it!! I have even stripped my weapons back.

Played CQB AND woodland with just a belt, works fine for me....

Just get a molle belt from amazon / eBay etc most will do the job fine , then just get some molle pouches to suit. I must admit I like having a plate carrier or vest for the general look but I do find a belt setup is much easier when carting minimal kit. One thing that might be worth looking at aswell is the shoulder straps for the belt which will help keep it up and take some of the weight without the restrictions of a vest

I tried the battle belt thing but it just felt a bit weird. And I don't use any drop down holsters, so on my carrier once you put in a holster, 4 pistol mags, 4 M4 mags and a little utility pouch on the back for phone, car keys etc, it's pretty full up.

• Head Moderator

I sometimes use a battle belt as it can be practical. I have a tripple M4 & pistol magazine pouch, pistol holster, dump pouch, admin pouch and space for a knife/bayonet. The belt and pouches are Warrior (wel priced mid range kit) http://www.uktactical.com/c-218-warrior-eliteops-black.aspx sold by UK Tactical. http://www.uktactical.com

I use one of these. I only run 4 M4 mag pouches, a water bottle pouch and a utility pouch to stuff random shit i might need.

Weight wise its not bad atall, my gear isnt heavy enough to justify having a yoke fitted so this works well for me

http://www.kombatuk.com/view.php?ViewProduct=1028t

I run a simple set up using surplus British PLCE Webbing Belt Pouches in Green and being Ex Issue it comfortably fits the Stanag M4 Mags that I run I have 2 Double Ammo Pouches (each double pouch will hold 4 mags so can carry 8 at once you can also fit 6 in each but I haven't got enough mags yet) on a belt with a Utility Pouch and that's it. I currently only run with 3 mid caps and 2 high caps and a speed loader with additional bb's and gloves in the utility pouch.

I run a hi cap mag on my rifles. My battle belt has 3 bfg pouches left, waist pack on rear with holster & pistol mag pouches on my right. Much lighter these days compared to a few years ago. My plate carrier is setup for milsims so I don't use that unless I fancy it

Archived