Pistols for CQB at Halo Mill

SteveWhip
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys and gals, so we are starting to become semi-regulars at the Mill (me as a member, a mate, daughter, son and his mate) and looking at purchasing a couple of pistols. This stems from my daughter (she knows best apparently) not loading the hire pistols mags correctly, or at all. Even though we got it sorted quickly before the start of the first game one of our team members kindly passed her his pistol to use, a hi-capa split side job that was fantastic lol (cheers fella). Needless to say now we are all thinking of getting a similar pistol to use up there so have spent hours looking through posts on here for info as we are new to the whole thing, any tips and info would be appreciated. Thinking of the WE and Armorer pistols. Cheers in advance :)

The only one I can provide any advice on is the WE M92 (Styled after the Beretta M9)

It's a solid gun, metal slide and whatnot allowing the use of black gas at this time of year.

Using .28 BB's and black gas, I was chronoing at 280fps with mine. It's accurate and it can fire fast enough for most CQB needs. I've hit someone in the cheek from 20 metres with it, aiming at their upper-chest to neck area.

I got mine for £105 and it was well worth it. Magazines tend to be about £20 and come in either gas or CO2 variety. Personally, use gas.

• Supporters

I'd have said Gen 4 as the Gen 3 mag release button is too small :rolleyes:

Good stuff:

basically all Maruis, just be carfeul with gas choices in the summer

NEW WE stuff, including the WET hi capas, glocks, and some of their other more unique bits.

Bad stuff:

KWA/ASG on the whole I'd avoid in the UK, they're good. But only if you run powerful gases and avoid the asg shadow completely, it's made of dog farts.

I don't like M9's, slide mounted safeties were invented by hitler, I'm pretty sure, plus they're fiddly to operate compared to other stuff.

Lugers, Browning hi-powers and that sort of thing.

Obviously, there are things that don't fall into either category, and many people will come on here and say my XYZ was good, or my Marui broke when I fed it black gas and dropped it 12 times, but I like to think I know what I'm talking about:

Basically only use pistols when skirmishing

Shoot pistols competitively.

Work on basically every pistol booked into PB.

If it were my money, I'd have either a WE Gen4 G34 or one of the split slide Armourer works capas. for CQB

I have a couple of pistols - the WE Sig 226 and the ASG CZ P09.

Both have metal slides, but the Sig is almost all metal, whereas the P09 has a polymer body.

I have quite big hands. I bought the P09 because when I lived abroad I used to shoot the real P07 - a slightly scaled down counterpart and loved it - more than the 226 - but I'm 22 now, the last time I shot was when I was about 17, and I think my hands have grown since then and now suited towards the two the other way round.

If it's allowed on the site, you might want to consider a Glock 18c which gives you the ability to fire full auto (although you will need to carry around a carrier full of mags!)

Interesting plus side to the P09 - after reloading with a fresh mag, the slide comes forward and chambers a new BB on an automatic mechanism as the new mag locks in.

P226 just feels better to me, but the P09 is far more accurate.

I'd have said Gen 4 as the Gen 3 mag release button is too small

Guess it's just personal preference, but probably best people handle them before buying as I found the gen 3 size about right while the gen 4 I kept catching accidently as I drew the gun or when it was holstering cause the size seemed to put it right where the thumb goes lol

Just go to patrolbase and have a look and feel of what you like, they are great guys, they dont sell tat and will guide you through it.

Be warned? You will spend a lot more than you planned!

Cheers for that, been up a few times usually on a thursday later opening before going to the mill, few of us so usually one of us is buying a bit of this or that for building the loadout etc.

I'd have said Gen 4 as the Gen 3 mag release button is too small :rolleyes:

Good stuff:

basically all Maruis, just be carfeul with gas choices in the summer

NEW WE stuff, including the WET hi capas, glocks, and some of their other more unique bits.

Bad stuff:

KWA/ASG on the whole I'd avoid in the UK, they're good. But only if you run powerful gases and avoid the asg shadow completely, it's made of dog farts.

I don't like M9's, slide mounted safeties were invented by hitler, I'm pretty sure, plus they're fiddly to operate compared to other stuff.

Lugers, Browning hi-powers and that sort of thing.

Obviously, there are things that don't fall into either category, and many people will come on here and say my XYZ was good, or my Marui broke when I fed it black gas and dropped it 12 times, but I like to think I know what I'm talking about:

Basically only use pistols when skirmishing

Shoot pistols competitively.

Work on basically every pistol booked into PB.

If it were my money, I'd have either a WE Gen4 G34 or one of the split slide Armourer works capas. for CQB

Cheers for the advice, I've probably seen your face at PB sometime unless you work downstairs but only really dealt with Michael the few occasions we've been up he is always sound, very helpful.

So I've ordered a couple of pistols for the kids (lol that sounds so bad), by kids I mean ones nearly 17 and the other 14, both from the WET Force series the T-Rex and the Deinonychus and for myself I'm looking at the high end AW custom stuff cos I like to be different and would rather just spend once on the gun I really want rather than a cheaper option just because of the price tag (credit cards groaning already lol). Was wanting a split slide as I said before but the Armorer Works Hi-Capa Custom - Silver Slide/Black Frame/Gold Barrel job caught my eye and after watching a few youtube vids I'm really liking it. It looks the business and is a bit different to the usual stuff, I don't think there's a split slide version but does this make any significant difference? This will be my main weapon of choice so just covering all bases lol.

I don't think there's a split slide version but does this make any significant difference? This will be my main weapon of choice so just covering all bases lol.

If by split slide, you mean like the Hi-Cappa 'Dragon' version (by WE I think), Then it'll give you slightly better gas efficiency and slightly less 'recoil'. But not much difference really.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I love my WE Glock 19 (Gen 4 - prefer the larger mag release button ;) )

Lovely to hold for for it's size.

And it's easy to get target on with the Glock "U" sights.

Shoots great on Nuprol 4.0 gas with a nice kick and chronographed at 320/330 on a cold morning at the Mall the other week.

Accuracy isn't brilliant (on 0.25s) but I'm not using it to get long range shots anyway, so I'm happy with it.

Recently bought an ASG SP-01 Shadow but not skirmished with it yet. It's much, much heavier than my little Glock as it's full metal and bigger in size.

The SP-01 is super comfy to hold though. The grips and beaver tail sit really firmly into the hand. Kicks good on 4.0 but I can't tell you what the range or FPS is like until it gets used on the 29th.

Pistols overall are super fun. I'd have dozens on me at all times if I could.

Like Billy Connolly's character in the Boondock Saints :)

400px-BS1911-TaurusPT92-2.jpg

Ended up going for the Armorer Works split-slide race gun (6 inch Dragon), tried it at PB (cheers Milky) expecting it to be a bit weighty with its size but was pleasantly surprised and its lovely to shoot. Bought this instead of a rifle as we currently mainly CQB so along with the shotty its mint. Cheers again for all the advice been very helpful, must have watched about 50 youtube videos trying to decide lol.

Archived