Attaching goggles to a helmet

PopRocket123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been fiddling around with this issue for a couple of weeks now and I've finally conceded defeat. I've been trying to find a way of attaching my Bolle X800i style goggles to my fast helmet but I don't want to start cutting the straps for something I don't know will work. I've already got my mesh face mask attached to the included swivel attachments so rail space on the side of the helmet is a bit limited. Any ideas or advice? Feel free to post photos of your helmet setups ( unless they're really expensive ones cos I ain't got that kind of money).

i took the strap on mine and mounted to fma swivel clips and fitted these to the side rails. easy to just unclip when you dont need them on.will take a photo and post when i get chance tomorrow.

20161108_174306_zps3cpyslme.jpg

I use 'bunny ear'/goggle retention straps.

I considered the swivel clips in the past, but I'm not sure they'd be bb proof, so it's not a risk I'd be willing to take.

I cut the strap on some ESS goggles, sewed on some velcro and have used that successfully for years on a MICH helmet. I'd suggest that, or the bunny ears and a longer strap.

• Moderators

I use 'bunny ear'/goggle retention straps.

I considered the swivel clips in the past, but I'm not sure they'd be bb proof, so it's not a risk I'd be willing to take.

I cut the strap on some ESS goggles, sewed on some velcro and have used that successfully for years on a MICH helmet. I'd suggest that, or the bunny ears and a longer strap.

always wondered how they attached :)

with my FAST helmet i just have the bullet ant goggles running through swivel clips then fixed with the weight pouch you fit to the back for added security

normally though i just wear my Revision locusts over the top or under the helmet as best i can...so last thing i take off if possible

Could do with a longer strap, sounds like i need to get the missus to do some sowing velcro on! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived