G&G GR4 G26 upgrade advice

Carta4
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, hope you're all good :) just looking for some advice on the aforementioned rifle

What can I do to:-

- Improve 1 shot accuracy as well as burst groupings.

-Increase range

-Ensure consistency of the above

-Achieve as high FPS as possible providing it doesn't affect the above (if possible)

Thanks guys. Any and all advice is appreciated and feel free to give personal preferences that may be better than my own. 👍

You say you want the highest FPS possible - I assume you wouldn't want to make this into a DMR due to the size of it, so you'd be looking at 350fps. What FPS is it shooting at right now?

I'd go with Hop Up, Barrel, Bucking.

This is what I have in a few of my guns and they shoot great:

- ProWin Hop Unit

- G&G Green (Cold Resistant) Bucking

- Madbull Python v2 6.03

Another setup I've had success with:

- ProWin Hop Unit

- PDI 6.05 Steel Barrel

- Promy flat bucking

- R-Hop patch

- M-nub

The above upgrades essentially provide more consistent backspin on the BBs, the barrel has great internal consistency which aids the flight of the BB and so on. All I know is, they work!

Range is a mixture; you'd want a heavier BB (.25/.28) in order to for them to fly straighter for longer, and then the hop/nub/bucking upgrades to be able to lift the heavier BB well enough to get it out to that range.

Good man! If I remember correctly it was just shy of 300 last chrono on the 10th December. Sounds good pal thanks for the fast reply. Think I'm going to look into the ProWin hop unit, G&G bucking and Magbull python. Will be installing and testing on the field on the 28th so I'll let you know how it goes!

Governor after discussing with a few lads and lasses a few have said that that hop unit can be a bit fiddly and to potentially use a modify grey/black bucking and nub as the GG green should be stock on it. Any improvement seen with that? Also think I might up it and get a prometheus barrel to be honest

Archived