Looking for Advice - purchased second-hand gun faulty

Elzyboi11
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm new to airsoft, I bought a used rifle from someone on this forum. It wasn't expensive, £100. I just wanted a working rifle to get me started, nothing too heavy. All seemed OK until I received the rifle.

It came with 2 batteries, both start smoking folliwed by burning smell when I connect them to the gun. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong and being a complete idiot.

It came with 3 mags but when they are in the gun, I have to push the mag release 6 or 7 times very firmly to get the mag put again. Again, not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

I didnt want to drag the guys name through the mud so I message both via whatsapp and pm on here but no reply and hasn't been on since I have sent the money.

I completely understand that I'm buying a used item and it would have general wear and tear etc but I expected it to be at least fitwo for purpose.

I am just wondering if anyone has any advice on what my next steps should be or if anyone thinks I may be being a dumb newb and can help me out but I would love to get some advice.

Sorry if there is already a thread open for this kind of thing but I voulfnt find it.

Kind regards,

What he said, also, Pictures or short vids demonstrating issues would probably help, just dont put the battery back in if its smoking, what do the batteries say on them?

This was the add if that helps. I'll put up a video or some pics tomorrow morning when I'm back in the house and hopefully someone can help.

Make:classic army

Gun/Model: km10

Accessories: Suppressor/ 2 batteries 9.6v/ wallcharger/ 1 high cap mag 2 mid cap mags.

Condition: used

FPS: 330-345

Splits/Swaps/Part Exchange: n/n/n

Price/Payment: £100+p&p

Pictures:Ca km 10 https://imgur.com/gallery/78OyI

Used in a few skirmishes this is a brilliant riffle for starting airsoft. Used to be two tone in red could do with a strip and respray. Everything you need too get on the field.

Details.

High strength polymer receiver

10″ KeyMod handguard

Full length 20mm top rail

Retractable 6-position adjustable crane stock

Detachable flip-up front and rear sights

Railed upper receiver perfect for optics

Polymer ergonomic motor grip

Easy spring-change system gearbox with 9mm bearing bushings

Deans-small Tamiya plug adapter included

6.03mm tightbore inner barrel

Hi-Capacity magazines included

In-line MOSFET unit.

So your saying it smoked simply from plugging in a battery? Did the smoke come out of the gun or the battery itself?

The mags could just simply be bad fits, not sure whats happening with the smoke though.

Yea both batteries just started smoking and burning. It's not so much the mags it's the maga release button that is loose and won't press on properly. It's hard to explain. I'll take pics.

The battery issue is most probably a short in the wiring, wires touching possibly or the terminals are on the battery wrong, either on the battery or the MOSFET, either that or the MOSFET is broken and causing a short.

Mag release you should just press it in firmly and the mag should just come out.

If you are not confident taking appart and investigating I would take it to a local airsoft shop or find someone on the forums who is local to assist.

I would open it up, check all the wiring to ensure + / - are correct and the mosfet / wiring does not looked damaged. Also ensure the batteries wires match up with the + / - of the guns input.

Thank you.

I will take it to my local shop tomorrow and ask about the wiring as I don't want to fiddle about with it and damage it further.

Regarding the mag release I still can't figure it out. It just seems loose and slightly broken to me.

Didn't manage to take pictures today sorry.

After I've been to my local airsoft shop I will update everyone as I'm sure you are all dying to know. Lol.

Thanks again for all your help people.

Kind regards,

elzyboi 11 make sure the wires arent crossed to the battery , as you have a tamiya adapter , i have had a tamiya adapter that had the wires crossed...

Hi all.

So I took it to the airsoft shop today. There was a few issues with the weapon.

The wiring was damaged inside.

The mag release button had a snapped spring behind it.

Overall I'm disappointed as I now have had to pay more to have the gun repaired on top of the costomb of my purchase. Still no contact and no reply from the person I bought the car from which Is very disappointing.

How can I safeguard myself in the future should I decide to buy again from someone I haven't met? Is there no protection against someone selling a faulty gun?

Thanks again for all your help guys.

Kind regards,

Did you check his feedback? Across several forums?

Airsoft really is built on trust.

Apologies for above my spell check is nuts. HaHa.

No. This is my fault for being naive. I am just getting into the sport and was relying on honesty I guess.

I did not check feedback which is 100% my fault and I have learned my lesson I guess.

Good thing is I now have a working gun to take to my first game next Sunday.

Apologies for above my spell check is nuts. HaHa.

No. This is my fault for being naive. I am just getting into the sport and was relying on honesty I guess.

I did not check feedback which is 100% my fault and I have learned my lesson I guess.

Good thing is I now have a working gun to take to my first game next Sunday.

Why did you not just buy new? G&G combat machines are £125 + battery.

Why did you not just buy new? G&G combat machines are £125 + battery.

agreed he could of bought g&g CM and had that gun run perfect, or even other brand such as ICS.

Hi Elzy,

Sorry to hear you had problems, it's a real shame. With regards safeguarding as mentioned before feedback checks are a good idea. Personally I like to check some of the post the seller has made. It gives you a better idea of them as an airsofter/person. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase off most of the regular posters you see on here. Although not definitive be a bit careful if they joined the site a few days before placing the add that's the only time I've got a wrong un!

Good luck!

Archived