KJW G23 - Worth spending the money to fix?

L3wisD
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Evening fellas,

Back in December I bought a 2nd hand KJW G23 from someone on ZeroIn, for £50.

"Very worn, but good working order, leak free mag"

I was going to strip the slide of its paint anyway, so "worn" was fine with me. And he was correct, it worked good for the first two magazines.

Unfortunately it doesn't fire at all now and taking it apart, it seems the hammer mechanism needs replacing - it's not striking the valve on the magazine hard enough to release enough gas. Only hittinf it gently enough to get a tiny pop noise, and the release of a miniscule amount of gas, which doesn't cycle the slide or fire a BB.

There's also a notchy clicking sensation coming from next to the hammer where the trigger moves the hammer mechanism.

Now, bearing in mind the gun cost £50 I don't want to spend lots of parts at all really. As I've not worked on a GBB before, I considered dropping into a shop for them to fix it for me. A2 in reading quoted £60 to cover parts and labour, which brings it up to New Pistol price now.

Is it financially viable to repair myself? If it can be done for around £25/£30 I'd consider it.

Or should I sell it for £30 spares/repair? (Anyone interested if that's the case?)

gpbXL8k.jpg

2DhIDfI.jpg

gKgMVq3.jpg

hG34tyK.jpg

I'm having the same problem with KWA G23F... don't know if they are the same design though.

• 2 weeks later...

I would send an email to kjw themselves. They will be able to send you the parts you need direct and are usually cheaper than going through any distributor.

The postage is peanuts as well.

I have bought direct before and they are quite prompt to reply and give you a price.

Just type kjw in on Google and it will bend the top one probably.

Hope this helps.

Hi there mate, my G23 recently died on me due to a broken trigger spring and I took it down the other day...so I've got a hammer unit kicking about if you'd want it. If not, I'd consider buying the Glock and just replacing the hammer with mine. Either way XD

Theta

Archived