Mesh face mask issues.

BALDYMONSTER
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, in my possible naivety I purchased a mesh face mask, from the nose down just to clarify.

The issue I have with this is the fact that it grates on my fecking nose, I've adjusted this as much as possible and even pushed out the mesh in my nasal area but it still rubs rather annoyingly.

Now I am no oil painting as it is b ut I really don't fancy having a red raw skint neb after every game.

Any tips or suggestions besides forking out 5K on a nose job as it's already been broken twice and that was no picnic to rectify believe me!

post-14675-0-74345700-1484083881_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

glue some padding to the top of the nose part (where it rests on your nose), ive done that on mine, well excess from kneepads i had to cut up, much more comfy now :)

• Supporters

I hated those things so much that I ended up getting a dye i4 for CQB.

For forest work I go without.

I had the same problem, as does my son. My initial solution was to wear it up high enough that it propped on the lower edges of my eye pro which stopped it grinding on the end of my nose but was a little awkward. I now use the One Tigris folding mesh /material mask which is comfy, fits really well with my eye pro and clears the end of my nose.

My son rigged a cheap single strap mask to clip to his FAST helmet which works really well. Once it's all adjusted up he can simply unclip one side and swing it out of the way between games. It's comfy, covers all the right places and looks really good.

I had the same problem, i actually moved my mask down so that the nose bit sits on my lip. Helps stop my glasses fogging and still covers my teeth which is what i cared about most. Probably wont solve your problem if you want your nose covered.

Archived