Location of sight protector

AirsoftKent
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My Eotech rip-off got shot out first time out so I have invested in a protector for my new red dot sight and was wondering where is the best place to put it. It is probably a stupid question but I first had it as close as I could to avoid being hit by the side but have now shifted it so it can fall all the way back without hitting the sight as I thought it was the protector collapsing that absorbs the hit.

Pictures attached, any advice would help.

Thanks

post-14473-0-34416200-1483984169_thumb.jpgpost-14473-0-26282700-1483984177_thumb.jpgpost-14473-0-41895000-1483984180_thumb.jpg

• Root Admin

Ditch it and buy some custom cut Lexan (or do it yourself) off eBay. Remove the dust cap (or there might be a retaining ring for your optic if you're lucky) and then place it inside with a small o-ring behind it to cushion any blows so that they're not transferred to the objective lens.

You won't be able to tell it's there and it'll likely last longer than a lot of the china clone ones.

To actually answer your question though, the first picture looks best, but reverse it so that it can flip down other way.

Seriously though go cut yourself a circular bit of a Lexan from eBay rather than using a shield (it'll cost you about £8 tops).

so it can fall all the way back without hitting the sight as I thought it was the protector collapsing that absorbs the hit.

It's a good thought but BB rarely travel alone with enough force to knock that thing down. Defo put it the other way around.

Archived