MP5 Upgrades?

REMSoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey there guys.

I recently bought a JG MP5 second hand. At the moment, it is equipped with standard sights. I may get a rail...

I only have one hi-cap with approx 200 rds and can get more for £7 ea. thanks to Airsoft-club.com.

As far as the gearbox goes, it has: metal bushing/shims, steel toothed piston, bearing fitted piston head, M100 spring, and a CA bevel gear.

I'm wondering what upgrades to buy. I will have a budget of £70 first off, which may increase to £180 if i sell my AUG (to jhawky).

I'm thinking of forward wiring it, which will need a different gearbox wire kit costing around £30. I will fit a sliding stock (maybe) and a torch grip to go for the Ultimate Force SAS look. I know that will be pushing the budget...

Which upgrades would you guys recommend?

internal upgrade I'm assuming? Whta do you want your gun to do? For better accuracy and range go for a new hop up and hop rubber or a tight bore barrel.

Also how high is the FPS on your gun and do you know what type of gearbox is in your gun? Probably a type two or three. Anyway there's loads of stuff to choose from but it depends on what you want :)

I think a lipo would be a good option here. Unlike normal batteries when in use the performance level stays the same whilst with a normal battery as it runs out your ROF and stuff start to decrease but with a lipo it stays the same. However if it reaches something like 3% (can't remember exactly) they break. But you shouldn't use that much any way.

Yeah, it's when the gear teeth scream out the end of the barrel that you know something has gone wrong.

I always notice changes in sounds, but I'd be very careful not to shoot gear chunks at people! ;)

Archived