New to airsoft from paintball

Reaper man
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok hi guys, Im from the midlands ,worcester area.

Iused to play paintball for oh 7 years both woodland and supair i played for some very sucsessful teams and then went onto start my own team.

I was an air smith/guntech for 3 years and always loved fixing and upgrading guns.

I had some time out due to a back injury which i have now had an operation for and i have found myself seriously missing combat games.

While recovering from my op i had a lot of time to surf the net which took me on to looking at airsoft a bit closer.

I am now wishing i had gone down the airsoft path rather than the paintball one.

So now you know a little bit about me, on to the point

I need to attend a site a few time to get the UKARA registration i am 29 so age isnt an issue.

I know where i am going to do this however it is quite a drive so i was wandering if you could advise on any good sites in the midlands area i have looked on the net and seen a map with venues but i would just like your views and i may have missed something.

Once im in a position to purchase RIF`s i am looking at getting: MP5A3, L85A2 and a full matal gas blowback pistol dont know which yet though can you recommend anything?

Also where can i get clued up on the tech side as i have always been a firm believer if your going to shoot it you should be albe to fix it too.

Any views on the RIF`s mentioned above?

Clothing an webbing etc.. from i have looked at several places but again i may have missed something so if there is somewhere you can highly recommend that would be great.

Next but last: My ultimate aim would be to get into a team , Im sure that will be fine as i have done it before within paintball, however a team based in the midlands would be good though i dont mind travelling .

Ok really long post over now thanks for reading and hope you can help me.

Ok hi guys, Im from the midlands ,worcester area.

Iused to play paintball for oh 7 years both woodland and supair i played for some very sucsessful teams and then went onto start my own team.

I was an air smith/guntech for 3 years and always loved fixing and upgrading guns.

I had some time out due to a back injury which i have now had an operation for and i have found myself seriously missing combat games.

While recovering from my op i had a lot of time to surf the net which took me on to looking at airsoft a bit closer.

I am now wishing i had gone down the airsoft path rather than the paintball one.

So now you know a little bit about me, on to the point

I need to attend a site a few time to get the UKARA registration i am 29 so age isnt an issue.

I know where i am going to do this however it is quite a drive so i was wandering if you could advise on any good sites in the midlands area i have looked on the net and seen a map with venues but i would just like your views and i may have missed something.

Once im in a position to purchase RIF`s i am looking at getting: MP5A3, L85A2 and a full matal gas blowback pistol dont know which yet though can you recommend anything?

Also where can i get clued up on the tech side as i have always been a firm believer if your going to shoot it you should be albe to fix it too.

Any views on the RIF`s mentioned above?

Clothing an webbing etc.. from i have looked at several places but again i may have missed something so if there is somewhere you can highly recommend that would be great.

Next but last: My ultimate aim would be to get into a team , Im sure that will be fine as i have done it before within paintball, however a team based in the midlands would be good though i dont mind travelling .

Ok really long post over now thanks for reading and hope you can help me.

Ok im guessing this forum isnt as welcoming as it first makes out.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Sorry I think some of us have been away, unfortunately we can't just sit on here all day as much as we'd like to :D

Where abouts in the midlands are you?

Those guns sound like good choices :)

You could have a look on mechbox.com which shows a few guides of taking apart and putting back together guns, but they aren't too hard anyways.

Once you've been to your local site a few times you will be aware of what teams have been set up there.

Don't know if you've checked http://airsoftmap.co.uk/ but that has most if not all skirmish sites listed.

• 2 weeks later...

lol its a new forum, ive only just found it, welcome on board to the exciting world of airsoft. Sorry to hear of your back injury, hope it clears up soon. Mechbox.com is a good suggestion and has lots of info, airsoft tech is relatively easy with practice and fingers used to fiddly stuff so you should be fine.

Youre going down the sniper route with the L96? Its worth borrowing one first before spending and seeing if it is for you, the mp5 is a good gun allround and more than capable of working in woodland. Full metal pistol? The WE m9 is a good choice, depends on your budget.

There are teams out there, also fairly easy to set one up once youve made a few mates at your local site or with freinds.

Look forward to riddling oyu sometime soon :)

Archived