First Skirmish Requirements

Elzyboi11
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all. I'm just starting out with airsoft. I'm just wanting some advice on what equipment is an absolute must for a game? What safety equipment do I need? Gear do I need? Sorry if it's been asked but if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Best to pack your common sense and gamemanship for your first outing too ;)

But otherwise all been covered above!!

Eye/face protection, good sturdy boots and general mucking around clothes until you decide you want to get more into the sport then be prepared to see your wages do a magic disappearing act just like mine does lol.

• Supporters

OK good stuff. I don't need armour or vests or goggles etc?

Eye pro is included with a rental package; not aware of any site where that isn't the case. You'll only have 1 mag (in the gun), no need for any type of rig or carrier.

Try at least 2-3 games just renting, see how you like it, then maybe start looking at buying your own stuff. After a couple of games you'll have a better idea what you might like/want. All I (and anyone else) would say is if you do buy your own goggles of some kind at some point, be damn sure they're a decent brand, not a set of £1.50 'protective glasses' from an ebayer in china. Pretty much anything else you can buy super duper cheap if you so please as long as you don't mind risking stuff that might just fall apart, eye pro is the key exception.

OK cool. I've got a pair of timberlands I thought would be ok? I'll rent stuff for the first few times and see what equipment I like and what I feel I will need.

I'm in south East London. Are there any sites/maps you would recommend?

Are their any places I should look to be going for to buy gear/guns etc.

Eww.. "Maps" :P

But yeah, the best advice is to rent rent rent. It costs a little upfront but will allow you to sort out your ukara without wasting money on an ugly two-tone.

Also gives you a chance to get a feel for what you will want in your first gun.

ignore ITH, he sometimes gets out of bed the wrong side! :D

Just wear decent footwear bud, nothing worse than a twisted or broken ankle 5min into your first game!

If you can get to it check out Dogtag Airsoft at Holmbush Farm nr Gatwick, awesome site to play :-)

Jeezo. Ive never so fashion conscious in my life. Lol.

OK what type of footwear would you suggest so I know what to look for?

I'll check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

any hiking boots that fit and are comfortable will be fine mate..... you'll soon see the Airsoft Fashion Parade at your first game! lol :D

• Supporters

any hiking boots that fit and are comfortable will be fine mate..... you'll soon see the Airsoft Fashion Parade at your first game! lol :D

Its got sod all to do with fashion its just when you see someone wearing Timberlands or even worse Air Max you spend all day waiting for some oik to call you bruv.

I would wear a hat or hoody first time out as well to be honest. You don't see many playing without something on the noggin.

Depends where you are playing as well to be honest. You might need a torch if inside...

• Moderators

as generally above, just dont wear skin tight jeans!,, baggy clothes best, jeans and hoodie, you should be provided with any face pro though, you may not like it but its rental gear, after that you can get lost in the world of fogging issues and teeth protection!

on the footwear front, i would check the site, some you have no choice but to wear walking type boots that 'support' ankles but some sites do allow 'trainers' at your risk, and ive seen people in them then slip and whinge, personally, due to trip hazards etc on sites where we play, i would go for boots everytime

Archived