90 degree fitting lining up

Elts7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

got there in the end. just gotta fit it all together now. just waiting on the heat shrink and the sealent now and should be good to go hopefully atlast!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Root Admin

Oh also just check that's indeed a US spec. QD on the end there and not EU. Though I use an EU line I'm in the super low majority - almost all lines (Beestine/Amped, Redline, Wolverine etc.) are US spec QD. It's very hard to tell the difference without trying them so make sure you do it without pressure first.

okay pal what should i look out for when testing it then? im looking at a ninja lpr reg and line from beesting i think it is for around 135 ish

• Root Admin

Na, the LPR is a clone of the Firebase basically. Get a Redline Firebase, Redline SFR or a Wolverine Storm. Firebase is the best all-rounder (albeit old), SFR is the best for quick refresh on a single line, Storm is compact and also has almost all of the features of the Firebase/LPR. I'd go for the Storm 'On Tank' unless you intend on moving onto something bigger in the future (in which case I'd say the SFR).

There's the Storm 'On Tank' and the Storm 'High Pressure' - the 'On Tank' has extra 1/8 NPTs you can use later on to run a pistol as well as your shotgun, so I'd pick that simply for the versatility it might give you down the road. It's quite quick to refresh as well (not that that should matter for you with a huge expansion chamber in the form of the old gas reservoir).

The LPR does that too, but is slightly more expensive and isn't as compact. It and the Firebase are quite old tech these days and the Storm does it in a much smaller package.

You want to start at 40 psi then creep up no further than 75. Stop as soon as you hit you desired muzzle energy. Remember that it will take maybe 5-10 shots to stabilise the pressure in the gas reservoir and line each time you fiddle with the output pressure on the regulator, but once you have it set you can leave it.

• Root Admin

Hm, not the most elegant thing ever but it works.

Perhaps get some sort of 3D printed extension made to place before the rubber pad then have the pad where it should be.

I'm with you on the extra length though. Helps me immensely with peripheral vision as I prefer to be quite far away from my red dot and it's just all round more comfortable.

Archived