90 degree fitting lining up

Elts7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

I'm still not convinced you're doing this the best way without routing a line down through your stock first - otherwise it's going to be hard to connect and disconnect on the day, right?

What does it actually look like when in place externally?

And yeh, that's a CQB Russian style fill valve tap.

Edit

No reply from Reaper yet still :(

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what do you mean pal? atm the gas tank is at the end of the stock only seperated by some rubber. im going to drill through the rubber for the 90 degree elbow to run along the rubber and thus not affecting the stock?

• Root Admin

Because you need to connect your quick disconnect to the gun. If that's going to be concealed by the rubber of the stock then it's going to be neigh-on impossible to do consistently and at the regular intervals needed for a skirmish day.

A picture would really help.

ill try to get one to you. is there a 1/8th to 1/8th connection line i can get in order to extend the connection?

• Root Admin

Almost certainly, but I'm trying to suggest the best possible way of doing it that I can think of - i.e. durable without adding too much weights or getting in your way. I don't own a KSG, but the way you describe it makes me think a metal pipe is going to be far harder to route than a simple 6mm macro.

If you can show me what you're trying to do that I think I'd be able to help a bit more. I have a fairly good idea, but I don't want to suggest anything you might buy and then later realise it's not going to be fit for purpose.

I've actually done - if I have you right so far - the exact same thing with an M870 and routed that through the butt plate/pad too with a 6mm macro. If we need to use a 6mm line then it may be preferable to obtain a different elbow, or it might just be a case of finding a push-fit adapter for it: I can't know until I see how much clearance you have.

In short: Send some pics :)

game day tomortow ao ill try get some pics and what not pal. if you can see a pic of a ksg and where the tank is. im literally putting a 90 degree elbow on it and was going to put the qd on there but as you say i might strugglr so i need to try an find a 1/8 male to female cable to bring that down a little off the end of the stock to put the qd there

• Root Admin

Na - you probably just need a push fitting to 6mm macro, then a push fitted 6mm macro to male quick disconnect towards the bottom. Easy stuff, but I'll wait those pics. It all depends on how much clearance you have as a direct elbow with a 6mm push fitting is cleaner - unfortunately Reaper Airsoft Customs are being useless at replying.

Not sure how much use that threaded part is going to be unless you can get a push fitting that'll fit into a 1/8 NPT - Mancraft sell them but only in 4mm, but again it's a case of knowing what you're trying to do. Really I'd have put photos in the OP and a little diagram of what you're attempting.

http://shop-mancraft.com/en/sdik-parts/103-sdik-trigger-tube-lock.html

here an img if the back of my gun. ibe tapped 50 up into the tabk at the back and want to out a 90 degree fitting into it

http://imgur.com/a/5PTP6

i think i need a line now coming down and a qd on the end so i dotn qd it by accident?

• Root Admin

Image helped a bit, but I had to look at the manual and a review to get a full idea of the clearance involved. Sorry for the delay.

It's looking to me like a non-push fitting (like the one you have) is going to be simply too big. Even with a push fitting it's possible you're going to be cutting a considerable amount of that stock pad apart, but I'd give yourself the best chance possible. Reaper Airsoft Customs replied, but he's looking into where it was from (the metal 1/8 NPT to 6mm macro push fitting elbow) and could only remember it was from eBay. From my own searches I found this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NPT-Male-Swivel-Elbow-Push-Fit-Metric-Push-in-Fittings-with-NPTF-Threads-/111543025155?var=&hash=item19f87b7e03:m:mGNGsta5VNNqLxY5FJCV0MQ

I had metal ones though, and I'd look for them if possible for durability sake. You should really be fine if it's internal though.

From there I'd then just stick a 6mm macro line into that and then call it a day (notwithstanding the standard push fitting quick disconnect on the end).

Here we have a professionally made technical drawing of what I mean. I don't expect it's much different from what you intended to do, but the thing about a 6mm macro line (i.e. a polymer line) over a metal one is it's lighter, flexible and overall smaller than a rigid metal pipe. It'll also plug directly into a push-fitted male quick disconnect that I specified. I'd then add some adhesive-backed shrink wrap (heated slowly and carefully so as to not warp the macro line underneath) just to make it stays there and to add some rigidity to the very end of the line where your air line from the regular will fit. I've seen a couple of guns fail at this particular point after the interface between the 6mm macro and the push-fitted male quick disconnect kinda kinks or just gets pulled straight off in the middle of a game - spraying your air everywhere.

ue44F4d.png

Red: 1/8 NPT to 6mm push fitting - 90 degree elbow

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NPT-Male-Swivel-Elbow-Push-Fit-Metric-Push-in-Fittings-with-NPTF-Threads-/111543025155?var=&hash=item19f87b7e03:m:mGNGsta5VNNqLxY5FJCV0MQ (again, try to find to find in metal but make sure it's NPT as the metal ones I've seen are BSPT)

Blue: 6mm macro line

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6mm-Metric-Pneumatic-Air-line-Hose-Air-Ride-Suspension-Lift-D2-Semi-Rigid-Nylon-/400943018280?var=&hash=item5d5a10f128:m:mG4q6LTOpdmCmbEYPnM7YTA

Purple: 6mm push fitting to US male quick disconnect

http://www.grangeairsoft.com/male-qd-fitting-maleqd/dp/1300 - needlessly expensive and can be had for much cheaper elsewhere, but just as an example

Green: Adhesive-backed shrink wrap

To be clear, this overlaps the purple part at the bottom

Up to you of course what length of 6mm macro line you allow outside of the gun - most people keep it to around less than 10cm as your HPA line from your regulator is far more durable. The ultimate solution would be to substitute the male quick disconnect and half of the macro line for this: http://www.grangeairsoft.com/hpa-airsoft-accessories-redline-airsoft-flex-connect-flex-con/dp/1530 and have the connection between the 6mm macro and the Redline Flex Connect inside the stock somewhere, but firstly you'd need to source a Flex Connect and secondly you'd need ample room in the stock behind the butt plate/pad.

Finally: If you do find yourself stuck for space after measuring then you should be able to get away with a 4mm macro line, but you will need a 4mm macro line and a way to get that 4mm line into your quick disconnect. Plus 4mm line is seriously understrength and exposed on the outside of your gun so is not at all ideal for skirmishing.

thank you so much. ill try this method over the one im currently thinking of. im glad you could figure out what im trying to do as i have little experience with this sort of thing. hoping after this il have it all sorted out!

many thanks chap!

ps i dodnt think the 6mm polly tub thingy would be strong enough to handle the pressure? but if youre sure? gonna try get a 1/8 to 6mm push fitting and screw into my brass fitting? just gotta try find one!

• Root Admin

I mean I wouldn't recommend it if it didn't. The 6mm nylon pneumatic line is basically the most widely used way of transporting HPA in airsoft just after the actual lines themselves - it's rated up to 280 psi if you read the listing. You will not be using more than 100 psi for a mag tap like that - anything else will blow your seals before the line goes. Airsoft regulators won't even put out more than 180 psi.

Don't find a fitting for your current elbow as you'll have wasted room where the threads are (i.e. it being wider than it needs to be at the top there, and space is already limited). I also don't imagine a 6mm push fitting would even fit in there. Buy a new one and buy the right one. I mean it's only £2.20.

I would also consider just reinforcing that connection with shrink wrap too, but as it should be internal you'll probably be fine.

yeah im just looking around now and struggling to find one atm

nevermind found one. just after that pushfitting to qd

right so i have all the stuff now. i have thr choice of a plastix 90 degree elbow or i have a metal swivel 90 degree. which would you opt for?

• Root Admin

You got the push fitting for the quick disconnect? Apologies, but I completely forgot to check. If you still need one then let me know and I'll check ASAP.

I'd try and get the metal one to fit but make sure it's NPT and not BSP (unless you've not tapped it yet and can use a BSP thread). I'd maybe buy the plastic one as a backup as it seems slightly more compact and might fit better. You want to be doing as little modification to the stock as possible - ideally just a single cutout/hole in the buttom to route the macro line through.

well the pish fit doesn fit the npt to qd fitting i have but fits various other fittings. in going to pop down to the local engineering place that has a 6mm to 1/8npt snd see if it fits to creat that fitting

• Root Admin

Wait, stop buying things. Let's figure this out - it's not tricky and this has gone on too long. I thought the parts list above was clear but maybe I've not made it clear enough.

What do you have right now? Send a photo of the fittings you have because your updates are useless without them.

You don't need a 6mm to 1/8 NPT unless you're talking about the elbow itself, which is 1/8 NPT, then a 90o turn, then a push fitting for a 6mm macro/pneumatic line. If you are still trying to make that threaded one work then don't - it's bulky and plain and simple is the wrong part. At best you're going to need to probably cut more material out from the rubber stock pad if you use it, and the adapter is going to add extra bulk. At worst it'll stick out the back and make your gun ugly and uncomfortable to shoulder.

You need:

• 1/8 NPT to 6mm push fitting elbow (metal if you can, plastic if you can't)
    • If it's metal and BSP, not NPT then it's no good for you unless you have a BSP tap and haven't already tapped it to NPT (which it sounds like you have)
    • As this is going to be behind the stock then there's probably no issue at all with plastic - I just prefer metal for longevity
    • Swivel elbow is a plus as it'll allow you to completely torque it into place without the need for a washer/shim, but frankly if you're using a pneumatic sealant then you can get away with under-torquing it anyway
  • 40cm of 6mm macro/pneumatic tubing
    • Usually you'll need to buy it in 1m+ lengths, but cutting it is easy
  • 6mm push fitting to male quick disconnect
  • Adhesive shrink wrap (optional but recommended)

You can buy this all off eBay for <£16. If you're still having trouble with the 6mm push fitting to male quick disconnect then I can confirm that I have a couple spare. PM me if you want me to send one.

• Root Admin

Perfect - that's what you want!

Yeh, I'd leave around 10cm protruding, but it's advisible to test it a fair bit with your line/regulator as that'll dictate how much you need. 6mm macro is not as strong as your actual line though so keep it to a minimum (but leave enough for it to be able to flex.

Another thing you can do is put a spring over the 6mm macro to add some protection without fully compromising its flexibility. I also add some adhesive shrink wrap for good measure and to stop it being so shiny.

Archived