Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sarni307

G36c silencer

15 posts in this topic

I've tried looking and am not having much luck could anyone please advise me on where I might find one?

Silencers arent made to fit a perticular gun.... They are made on two factors

Counter/Clockwise Threads

And size...

So you need to find out them two factors.... Someone might shade light on this as i am a M4 guy :D

I might be wrong here but I'm pretty sure the g36 barrel isn't threaded? I will have a look once I've stopped driving

It's threaded alright, 14mm CCW on most models, the problem is the foregrip.

It is far too small to fit most suppressors, as the Suppressor is wider than the flash hider. The only way to put a suppressor on a G36C is to get a threaded barrel extension or something similar to get the rear of the suppressor away from the foregrip.

It will currently have a flahs hider on it..... That screws off (there might be a small screw that u might have to undo) and boom! there is the thread :)

i fit my mates M4 flash hider on my G36 :) they do have threads, either twist flash hider alot harder, or refer to the manual, my manual says there is a small screw to undo, but there isn't :)

Right then kiddies I've just stuck the old vernies on the thread and it is 13.5mm thread which is not a standard size thread. And a 14mm silencer is going to be a poor fit was thinking about making myself a mock one out of ally bar but I'm not going to be able to get a 13mm tapp to put thread in any ideas fellas please help. It a 13.5mm thread 1mm pitch and it's a left hand thread.

I measured the OD of the thread using calibrated digital vernier calipers is that not right?

If they dont make 13.5mm Silencers chances are there ant a rifle with a 13.5mm thread...

Well strictly speaking there is no such thing as a 13.5mm thread just not sure how well one would fit no doubt it's just because it's a cheap chinease special the vernies don't lie though they are accurate to 1thousandth of a mm

Always get yourself a bit of that plumbing tape (can't remember the proper name) to give the thread a bit more grip and thicken it up a bit if you do find it to be lose. There is also the option of removable thread lock if it's really wobbly.

As said though I can't see you having a one off different thread, it's probably rounded anyway.

Ptfe tape didn't think of that nice one problem solved another valiant job done by the community lol :P