Red/ green dot sights

Aaronrichardson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys

I'm after a red/ green dot sight for my krytac crb. There's a micro T1 on eBay which I'm interested in and there's also a UTG 3inch sight and also a Nuprol sight. They all look the same however I wanted people's oppinions on them. What do people have and use. Are there cheap knock off about? Can you use them with fixed sights as mine don't flip down?

Have you used the search function ? Learn to use that first before posting.

To come back to you question they all are pretty much the same. I have a cheap red/green dot sight that does the job after i had to zero it.

• Root Admin

3 letter search term character limit strikes again.

I'd go for the UTG ITA series at that price point as the other two are naff. The ITA holds up on real steel so is - at the very least - quite durable. If you're ok waiting a few weeks then it can be had very cheaply off AliExpress or DHGate: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/UTG-4-2-ITA-Red-Green-CQB-Dot-with-QD-Mount-Riser-Adaptor-Red-Dot-Scope/32415132712.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4_10065_10068_10000007_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10060_10061_10062_10056_10055_10037_10054_10059_10032_10099_10078_10079_10077_10073_10097_10100_10096_10070_10052_10050_424_10051,searchweb201603_9&btsid=0f265eb0-a262-4cf6-8240-e97d34dda1a3

• Supporters

Hi guys

I'm after a red/ green dot sight for my krytac crb. There's a micro T1 on eBay which I'm interested in and there's also a UTG 3inch sight and also a Nuprol sight. They all look the same however I wanted people's oppinions on them. What do people have and use. Are there cheap knock off about? Can you use them with fixed sights as mine don't flip down?

Nearly all the sights you will find under a few hundred will fall into the cheap knock off category. You can get plenty which are suitable for airsoft though as real steel sights are not necessary for airsoft.

Forget Nuprol anything because almost all their stuff is just rebrands that are usually not much cop.

The Utg sights are a cheap real steel sight and are usually quite good.

Fixed sights might get in the way but you can either use a riser or just try to ignore them.

Yep I did and every time I type in red dot or sights it says nothing is available. Unless it because I'm doing it off my phone.

Must admit, I've been searching for the same thing. I wanted a larger reflex type scope as I was worried I'd spend half my life trying to get focus down a small objective lens.

I was recommended the Srs clone.....which looks perfect for what I wanted.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tactical-Solar-Power-Airsoft-Release/dp/B00KX7QQ0S

I've scoured pictures of users guns on here but not always is the kit listed or their experience with it

Must admit, I've been searching for the same thing. I wanted a larger reflex type scope as I was worried I'd spend half my life trying to get focus down a small objective lens.

I was recommended the Srs clone.....which looks perfect for what I wanted.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tactical-Solar-Power-Airsoft-Release/dp/B00KX7QQ0S

I've scoured pictures of users guns on here but not always is the kit listed or their experience with it

if you are still after an SRS I have one I am no longer using.

People knock nuprol, but I can only talk about what I've experienced, and I use a few nuprol things that work just perfectly fine, RDS and midcaps included.

• Root Admin

People knock nuprol, but I can only talk about what I've experienced, and I use a few nuprol things that work just perfectly fine, RDS and midcaps included.

People knock it because the majority of what they sell are simple rebrands of Chinese and Taiwanese clones with a 20%+ fee applied ontop. There's no reason to buy 90% of their products unless you like burning your money or some half-decent packaging.

Ultimately though this isn't a problem confined to Nuprol with cheaper RDSs - many others just fail after a couple of years and the majority won't stand up to a GBBR of any sort for too long (a notable exception being some of the G&P stuff most of the time).

There are cheap, non-clone type RDSs (like the UTG ITA) that aim to simply be good performers at a decent price point and don't necessarily look good. The issue is when people try to have their cake and eat it - i.e. a good looking, realistic optic that also performs well (and obviously at a reasonable price). I've not known any RDS so far that quite pulls that off, but some have come close. Realistically one is always sacrificed for another, so if you can get over the look of some of the 'we're not trying to copy anything popular; just make a good product' optics then you'll get good performers.

In my opinion there are many areas in airsoft where sacrificing performance for looks is at least understandable, but when it comes to optics I'd say it's slightly more important to pay attention to function over form.

• 2 weeks later...

• Root Admin

Yes, that's basically the whole point of why I'd recommend them. They look pretty awful but they're cheap and have a fair number of reviews on real steel stuff. If you want something functional then go for it; if you want something for an impression then you'd better have £200 or else it's gunna be a naff clone.

• Supporters

Yes, that's basically the whole point of why I'd recommend them. They look pretty awful but they're cheap and have a fair number of reviews on real steel stuff. If you want something functional then go for it; if you want something for an impression then you'd better have £200 or else it's gunna be a naff clone.

Doesn't have to be a naff clone I got a very good aimpoint replica for a little over a £100. Always holds zero is very clear and is inert gas filled so no fogging issues. Now all I have to do is hope the receipt turns up one day because I cant remember the name of the bloody store and I want a spare one.

It did come from the states though so with fees and shipping I probably didn't save much against a second hand real one.

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing this back up a moment, i have a 4.2" UTG sight, and instead of a dot, it looks like a big sorta ... sparsely spread out splodge, think like a # with a brightspot on the top right of it.

Is this normal or are my eyes / sight knackered.

• Supporters

Bringing this back up a moment, i have a 4.2" UTG sight, and instead of a dot, it looks like a big sorta ... sparsely spread out splodge, think like a # with a brightspot on the top right of it.

Is this normal or are my eyes / sight knackered.

You have astigmatism. The right glasses can lessen the issue but you will need to apeak to your optician and see if they can do something with your prescription.

There may be sodding wrong with your eyes, but quick question, are you shooting with both eyes open or trying to look through the sight with just one eye?

Archived