3d artist needed

Oli.Hanks
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi so the bb retainer on my FNX-45 broke on one side tried epoxy and superglue but sadly the piece that broke off won't stay so I was thinking of printing the piece I need I just someone who can design it any geniuses out there?

Can you post a couple of pics and I'll let you know if I can model it for you. And also the file format you'd need for printing so I can check that I can export the file correctly.

• Supporters

There are several people on here who could, and even a few who could print it. Are you talking about a part on the gun itself, or on the mag? Theres a fair chance you can pick up a replacement for cheap anyway.

There's a lot going on with that part! Measuring it accurately enough to make something that'll function correctly would be tricky, plus getting the dimensional accuracy and surface finish in critical places might present issues. And they're a fiver....

and if you can get someone to redesign it for free, jeez i'd want paying at least £10 an hour to do it and the broken part to work from

Of course there's the cost of 3d printing it to be considered, there's the setup fee to pay, the volume of material used price, post and packing, say at least twice because it's not going to right the first time.

just buy a spare from a dealer, or a new mag it'll still be cheaper than doing a 3d design and print.

• Supporters

Make that £40+ an hour.

Almost anything that can be, should be bought in a shop. You have to pay the same design costs as the mass manufacturers but they can distribute that into thousands of parts where we must include it in a single part.

And, as said above, this part needs a lot of refining, reprinting, testing. Many hours of work.

Archived