Recommendation for a sniper scope

Max2000
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, can anyone recommend any good sniper scopes?

Is the ones on ebay for like £20 any good?

I am looking for a good scope for around £20.

If anyone have something to recommend please comment down below.

Thanks

• Supporters

I use a 4x40 Tasco and I'm not planning to change it. It is really good, the only thing I would change are the turrets, not these ones where I have to unscrew the caps and then use screwdriver to adjust them. If you don't plan to spend around let's say £80+ then go for a fixed zoom scope. It is much brighter and clearer than the cheapish variable zooming ones. Anything between 4-6 magnification is optimal for airsoft. If you want it for a bolt action sniper rifle then 40mm is good, 50mm is too big, 32mm- might be OK for DMR.

If you want to spend more then a Leupold M3 replica is very good I heard.

Nikko Stirling 4 x 40, 35 quid on Amazon. Don't forget to add a tenner for mounts and make sure you get the right ones for the rail on your rifle, usually 20mm and the right diameter for the scope tube which will be either 25mm or 30mm diameter depending on what you get.

Go for a simple old half mildot reticle rather than anything fancy or illuminated at this price.

At that price, probably not but if you've got nothing to compare it with them it might seem fine if that makes any sense? With cheap scopes you've got more chance of getting something usable if you go for fixed magnification.

I have a SMK 3-9 X 40 including low mounts.

It's perfectly fine for Airsoft but would not survive long on anything real.

I'll sell that for £25 incl. fees and delivery

No thanks, but thanks for the offer.

• Supporters

I am looking for a good scope for around £20.

One or the other dude. You can have a good scope, OR you can have one for £20.

Archived