Mall forum game.

ImTriggerHappy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so not having been to the mall for some time i had a look on their website for their rules.. noticed that they now don't allow HPA'd shotguns or shotguns with mag adapters :(

do they still allow HPA rifles?

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, springs said:

so not having been to the mall for some time i had a look on their website for their rules.. noticed that they now don't allow HPA'd shotguns or shotguns with mag adapters :(

do they still allow HPA rifles?

Hpa rifles are fine.

The ban on HPA shotguns was a good one though. After being absolutely hammered by a couple of morons using hpa'ed tri shots just before xmas I was one of the players saying to get rid of them. They tend to fire hotter than most shotties and with the hpa and mag conversion it was worse than getting over shot on full auto. That game before xmas was without doubt the closest I have ever been to losing my rag for being overshot, I was raging and had to take a moment a few times. People who use those things don't do it improve anything they just want to put as many bbs as possible into some poor idiot and they make a mockery of single fire rules.

5 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Hpa rifles are fine.

The ban on HPA shotguns was a good one though. After being absolutely hammered by a couple of morons using hpa'ed tri shots just before xmas I was one of the players saying to get rid of them. They tend to fire hotter than most shotties and with the hpa and mag conversion it was worse than getting over shot on full auto. That game before xmas was without doubt the closest I have ever been to losing my rag for being overshot, I was raging and had to take a moment a few times. People who use those things don't do it improve anything they just want to put as many bbs as possible into some poor idiot and they make a mockery of single fire rules.

ah ok..  i guess that must be a minority of people that ruined it for the rest. Mine can use either gas or HPA. when i've had it chrono'd elsewhere it read at under 300fps. but then again i've never adjusted the regulator either and generally never will.. 

oh well.. if i decide to bring it i'll bring the gas mag with me

thanks for confirming :)

I can recall a game last year that two guys arrived together both using HPA stanag tm breachers, they were always sticking together so I can totally understand what you mean.

Shame about banning them when they could just insist on a lower muzzle power.

• Supporters

Its not muzzle power its the ability to overshoot that is the big issue I think.

Tri shots are fine in single shot games because they are limited by ammo and gas so people generally on fire once but once you take away those limitations they become a an overkill machine. So instead of firing once and picking their shots players tend to blast away as fast as they can fire the gun.

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Its not muzzle power its the ability to overshoot that is the big issue I think.

Tri shots are fine in single shot games because they are limited by ammo and gas so people generally on fire once but once you take away those limitations they become a an overkill machine. So instead of firing once and picking their shots players tend to blast away as fast as they can fire the gun.

AA12 is not banned though? Small contradiction I don't understand. :)

• Supporters
Just now, Sacarathe said:

But you JUST said... fps...

:ph34r:

I can only go by what they are saying.

For me personally it boils down to the fact I have never wanted to shove an AA12 users gun somewhere dark.

Can't say the same for the HPA shotguns users though, Ksg butt plug anyone?

• Supporters
6 hours ago, PT247 said:

The AA12 sounds like a franking machine, horrid gun and still utterly useless.

Its piece of crap to be honest. I think people buy it because the real one looks big and macho and they think the airsoft version does the same for them.

It's just another thing that points to the fantasy land some airsofters are trapped in. They lose the path of reality between toy and real and don't grasp that there is a real difference.

Always remember the idiot in the safezone telling some newbie that his chinaclone Mp5 was the bettest airsoft gun eva. When I pointed out it wasn't very good at all and he was giving out the wrong info I got the amazing response of I didn't know what I was talking about because the MP5 was  a great gun and used by forces all over the world. Total cretin and unfortunately not alone in the community and it's getting worse.

18 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I got the amazing response of I didn't know what I was talking about because the MP5 was  a great gun and used by forces all over the world. Total cretin and unfortunately not alone in the community and it's getting worse.

Simple response to a guy like that is "If the MP5 is so good why did they remove it when they released CS:GO?"

Game, set, match :D

I'm all for being a gun enthusiast but honestly all that's happening is we're playing with cool looking air guns. I'm fine with that at least when I shoot someone I get to do it again 2 minutes later. Honestly I think the (airsoft) AA12 could be a cool support weapon with the drum mag, I'd like to play around with one but I won't be buying one.

• Supporters
On Mon Feb 06 2017 at 10:21 PM, ImTriggerHappy said:

Player list so far

ImTriggerHappy +3 =Paid

Pt247 =Paid

Hef Legend +5

Sacarathe =Paid

Sico =Paid

Jedi Master +1 =Paid

Seanyexe =Paid

LewisD +2 =Paid

Sitting Duck

Springs +1 =Paid

Alex34 +1

Esoterick +3= Paid

Albiscuit +4 =Paid

24 Paid already well done.

5 days left to book your place and pay.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, L3wisD said:

I'll be happy to split any excess if you get any non-payers or empty spaces.

Failing that I can drop a mention on the Berkshire Airsoft Facebook group to make numbers up?

Thanks but no need as I trust those that haven't paid will shortly as they are all decent people. If I need a couple of players I can fill those spots myself. I just would rather not use any of the mall regulars I know unless I have to. With small games like this even one wrong player can give a team an unfair advantage and dominate the night so I am trying to avoid putting anyone like that in to keep it more balanced.

If we get anyone who's that good surely we can just stick an eye patch over his dominant eye and make him do the one in the chamber challenge all night :D

Also we have to have him shout "RELOADING" every time at the top of his lungs..

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Seany.exe said:

If we get anyone who's that good surely we can just stick an eye patch over his dominant eye and make him do the one in the chamber challenge all night :D

Also we have to have him shout "RELOADING" every time at the top of his lungs..

There are about half a dozen players there that could play like that and still own the night. 

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

There are about half a dozen players there that could play like that and still own the night. 

Thanks, but I shall play fair for you mortals :P

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

Thanks, but I shall play fair for you mortals :P

Seeing as I have no idea who you are you can not be included in that list, you are just another insignificant target. 

Its the merc team that will swing the play that night. So you lot will have to use them wisely.

10 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

I would say more of an easy target than an insignificant one :D

Hey now, we all like easy targets. Take me for example, tall, fat, hasn't really got a clue of the layout of the mall.

I'm gonna get slaughtered and I'm looking forward to it xD

Archived