Mall forum game.

ImTriggerHappy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Oh god, a full-auto unkillable dual mac-10 wielding clown running about laughing his face off wasting everyone would be utterly terrifying. Imagine having a survival mode where it's 1vall last person surviving gets to be the clown next round.....might have an idea here :D

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
7 hours ago, Seany.exe said:

Oh god, a full-auto unkillable dual mac-10 wielding clown running about laughing his face off wasting everyone would be utterly terrifying. Imagine having a survival mode where it's 1vall last person surviving gets to be the clown next round.....might have an idea here :D

Thats basically just Juggernaught a game that has been played for years. Problem is most people won't play it and those that think they are up for it rarely play it twice. When you are the invincible player everyone shoots at you so you can literally take thousands of hits per game. Being the Juggernaught gives you no advantage as not many players will actually just keep pushing at people when 25 people are shooting them and usually they back off as it's basically torture. 

So yeah if  you are on to something if you go back to 2009 when MW2 came out and Juggernaught was invented.

I LOVED the yellow box game we played at Halloween.

You have to hold onto the yellow box for a ten count to score a point, the other team can shoot you to let go and you cannot shoot while touching the box.

I downed my rifle and took one (or hundreds) for the team and scored 7 points :)

Also the secret agent game was fun 

• Supporters

The yellow box game or the pain game as its known I ran at the last forum game and while it's one of my favourites it didn't work as well as I would of liked so that one's doubtful.

The traitor game is another one I thought of but the problem with that is if you are one of the first ones shot then you can be waiting around for quite a while for the game to end which is boring. I want to give everyone as much pew pew time as possible. Also I am not allowed to play traitor :(

The one good thing about small numbers is it gives people the ability to explore and move around easier so most of the games will revolve around that. There is one game that will be based mainly on the main concourse and thats the trolley game which is great fun.

Good that you are putting forward ideas though so carry on.

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

The yellow box game or the pain game as its known I ran at the last forum game and while it's one of my favourites it didn't work as well as I would of liked so that one's doubtful.

The traitor game is another one I thought of but the problem with that is if you are one of the first ones shot then you can be waiting around for quite a while for the game to end which is boring. I want to give everyone as much pew pew time as possible. Also I am not allowed to play traitor :(

The one good thing about small numbers is it gives people the ability to explore and move around easier so most of the games will revolve around that. There is one game that will be based mainly on the main concourse and thats the trolley game which is great fun.

Good that you are putting forward ideas though so carry on.

The mall do a variation on the traitor concept on their sunday games, what about that. Make it evening wide?

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Sacarathe said:

The mall do a variation on the traitor concept on their sunday games, what about that. Make it evening wide?

PM me what you are on about.

Won't run a solid 4 hour game though because people will want a break and also some variance on game types

Only things set in stone at the moment are the rules for the evening and the merc team. The games are still up in the air but the trolley game is a definite.

4 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

PM me what you are on about.

Won't run a solid 4 hour game though because people will want a break and also some variance on game types

Only things set in stone at the moment are the rules for the evening and the merc team. The games are still up in the air but the trolley game is a definite.

They just take a few guys aside before some games and tell them that they are traitors for that game. Those players act for the opposing team if they so chose to. They will act and behave normally in their interactions with their team until someone on their team shoots them and challenges them with "traitor?" after which they return to spawn as normal and continue on their assigned team.

Its unclear whether you can traitor challenge a player which you did not hit yourself.

Fun in objective games where everyone is collecting while the traitors are un-collecting.

• Supporters

Not enough people only about 17 to a team and you will need everyone working together. That's a fun thing to do but you need the right players and enough people.

Its the same for any VIP game you need to pick the right players or the games don't work right and that is why most sites are very particular who they use because they need to know the player won't abuse the role and play it to add to everyone else's enjoyment not their own.

To be honest im just glad its a smallish game at a great site with players who im sure will be trusted honest and decent.. Game variations do not bother me too much, im glad your trying to maximize the game time and get us all roaming, shooting and balanced out!! 

I am really looking forward to the game, also intrigued to see what the trolley game is. Never played that one :)

I really like the objective based games like activating the box, collecting intel/personalities etc.

In regards to the raffle, I'm thinking if we all put in £5 each, then it'll be roughly £150 in the pot, which I can use to get a few items on my trade account.

What I need to know is:

Are people happy with putting £5 in

Happy with it being done a random raffle ( we could do £130 on raffle, then £20 prize for most kills, funniest kill, most awesome tactical move etc)

What prizes would people be interested in? One large prize such as an AEG or possibly a few smaller prizes such as a pistol, BFG, pyro, gear etc

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

To be honest im just glad its a smallish game at a great site with players who im sure will be trusted honest and decent.. Game variations do not bother me too much, im glad your trying to maximize the game time and get us all roaming, shooting and balanced out!! 

I am really looking forward to the game, also intrigued to see what the trolley game is. Never played that one :)

Never had a problem before everyone who has attended has always behaved exemplary. Thats the best thing to be honest the people.

Games will be varied but no VIP games because of the merc squad. Worrying about the objective and the mercs is enough. 

The trolley game is fun and energetic as long as everyone tries their best. That's the thing I am trying to push for this night and that is the fact everyone throws themselves in much as they are able and moves around. The first game thats what happened and it was great the last one although was still a good night went a bit one sided and was static at times. The merc squad will stop that happening again.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Hef Legend said:

Snip

That all sounds perfect I should imagine £5 is good for most but I am willing to go £10 if people want to match it then you can get something far better.

Just raffle I think although a wooden spoon for bonehead move of the night would be good.

All your call though because it's in your capable hands. Food this time?

14 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Thats basically just Juggernaught a game that has been played for years. Problem is most people won't play it and those that think they are up for it rarely play it twice. When you are the invincible player everyone shoots at you so you can literally take thousands of hits per game. Being the Juggernaught gives you no advantage as not many players will actually just keep pushing at people when 25 people are shooting them and usually they back off as it's basically torture. 

So yeah if  you are on to something if you go back to 2009 when MW2 came out and Juggernaught was invented.

I wasn't thinking juggernaught that sh*t is gay, I was thinking more along the lines of hide and seek type game mode, not allowed to shoot him just run away, obviously some sort of rule needed where the player would need to keep on moving so as to avoid camping etc.

As far as TTT goes (the game mode), it's fun in video games but doesn't really work in RL in my opinion, I would try it out but I doubt it would work very well due to how it's played. Fun-fact I was part of the original group that came up with the game mode in Garry's Mod/Zombie Master :)

Also I would buy a raffle ticket, why not could be a laugh I never win anything anyway :D

50 minutes ago, Hef Legend said:

I really like the objective based games like activating the box, collecting intel/personalities etc.

In regards to the raffle, I'm thinking if we all put in £5 each, then it'll be roughly £150 in the pot, which I can use to get a few items on my trade account.

What I need to know is:

Are people happy with putting £5 in

Happy with it being done a random raffle ( we could do £130 on raffle, then £20 prize for most kills, funniest kill, most awesome tactical move etc)

What prizes would people be interested in? One large prize such as an AEG or possibly a few smaller prizes such as a pistol, BFG, pyro, gear etc

I think you shouldn't have an aeg as a prize as most will own better than the prize fund can afford already. 

12 minutes ago, PT247 said:

I think you shouldn't have an aeg as a prize as most will own better than the prize fund can afford already. 

How dare you accuse us of being rich!

I think perhaps game time or membership with zed adventures might be a better way to use said money. I'll say right now that I don't really want to participate (but I will and I won't stand in anyone's way).

Five £35 mall sunday games sounds a lot more useful than some other things, but only if everyone can reach the mall and likes that idea.

Got to think about making the "prize" something everyone can equally use.

Never know, maybe Zed would add to it a little if it was to go 100% to them.

• Supporters
Just now, Sacarathe said:

How dare you accuse us of being rich!

I think perhaps game time or membership with zed adventures might be a better way to use said money.

Nah that wouldn't work because not everyone coming is a Mall player.

Trmr and pistol was  a good idea but I agree with PT on the aeg. I am sure Hef will come up with something decent and I for one plan on just leaving him to it and trusting his judgement.

14 minutes ago, Seany.exe said:

I wasn't thinking juggernaught that sh*t is gay, I was thinking more along the lines of hide and seek type game mode, not allowed to shoot him just run away, obviously some sort of rule needed where the player would need to keep on moving so as to avoid camping etc.

Juggernaught isn't gay quite the opposite and that's the problem very few people are willing to bite down and get on with the role and it always ends up being me. I dont mind normally but as I am playing the next day I would like at least a few bits of me not to be purple. As for the game idea could be interesting but people are paying to shoot sh*t.

9 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Nah that wouldn't work because not everyone coming is a Mall player.

Thats why I said this:

9 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

, but only if everyone can reach the mall and likes that idea.

:)

Anyhoo, I agree i'd much rather it be something quality vs expensive but bottom of it's range.

3 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

You cant come back with thats why I said this because you edited the post after.

I don't know about that, I didn't return to the site after I posted it; I hate these silly " x hours ago" timestamps, make it very difficult to dispute things like this. I might have edited it, I might not, but either way, I did not edit it after your post was made. :)

3 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Simple fact is game time is a daft idea for lots of reasons.

No, I agree, it was just an idea.

• Supporters
On Mon Feb 06 2017 at 10:21 PM, ImTriggerHappy said:

Player list so far

ImTriggerHappy +3 =Paid

Pt247 =Paid

Hef Legend +5

Sacarathe =Paid

Sico =Paid

Jedi Master +1

Seanyexe

LewisD +2 =Paid

Sitting Duck

Springs +1 =Paid

Alex34 +1

Esoterick +3= Paid

Albiscuit +4 =Paid

21 Paid already well done.

Shame it isn't this easy all  the bloody time. :P

33 out of 35 places requested.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

After trying my new tracer out at the Mall last night I am now very excited about this :)

Barely used my torch at all last night after triggers advice and had a much better time than before.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, L3wisD said:

After trying my new tracer out at the Mall last night I am now very excited about this :)

Barely used my torch at all last night after triggers advice and had a much better time than before.

Torches just let people know you are coming or even worse is when some idiot back lights you to let the enemy know you are coming. 

Now you need to sneak up behind someone and scream boo at the top of your lungs right down their ear before shooting them, it's so funny to watch the reaction.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Yeah, it was great last night.

I was crouched in the dark in C&A and could see torches slowly illuminating the corridor that runs behinds the shops. They may as well have been wearing one-man-band outfits for all the good it did them.

But also had lots of team mates ruining my attempts at silent skulking in the dark by coming up behind me with torches blaring.

10 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Yeah, it was great last night.

I was crouched in the dark in C&A and could see torches slowly illuminating the corridor that runs behinds the shops. They may as well have been wearing one-man-band outfits for all the good it did them.

But also had lots of team mates ruining my attempts at silent skulking in the dark by coming up behind me with torches blaring.

Engage them too then. One reason to own a non-GBB gas pistol to engage without muzzle report.

Archived