Anyone have experience with the Alyan Airsoft HPA kits?

Dysperse
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've seen some of these kits floating around but there's not much in the way of reviews. I was considering it and was wondering if it compares to other kits such as the Daytona Gun one. If so then it's a huge saving in price! Let me know if you have any opinions on it and I'll leave a link if anyone else wants to check it out, it's a similar install to the Daytona Gun anyhow.

http://www.alyanairsoft.com

The mag I ordered from him had no room inside for BBs with the amount of swarf left in it. I had to remake the mag too as the one he sent was so badly put together and damaged it would never work.

• Root Admin

Doesn't come close to imitating a DG and has serious QC issues. Wouldn't bother.

It's more akin to a magazine tap then a full drop-in replacement like the DG kits are. It doesn't solve the issues of undue sear wear on a GBBR that's not really designed to be shot full auto so regularly. Lots of stuff can break on the DG kits, but usually it's seals or a small metal part (generally the airshaft). On a GBBR-tap like this you will end up having to replace the hammer, sears, BCG etc. after a year or so (depending on usage) and that's not cheep if you're switching to steel.

Remember, DG kits are a huge lump of metal that replaces the bolt and trigger mechanism (except with the MG kits where it only replaces the bolt). They're rightly very expensive.

Ultimately it doesn't save any money and really doesn't have any intrinsic benefit over something like a GBBR mag tap other than not having to switch your line over. If you're looking for an affordable stop-gap then really your only choice is some CQB Russian-style taps.

One thing I will say though is don't buy a DG kit if you're not willing to give it some TLC for the first year or so. They are not easy to get working right immediately (even in some cases where they've been professionally fitted).

• Supporters

I've seen some of these kits floating around but there's not much in the way of reviews. I was considering it and was wondering if it compares to other kits such as the Daytona Gun one. If so then it's a huge saving in price! Let me know if you have any opinions on it and I'll leave a link if anyone else wants to check it out, it's a similar install to the Daytona Gun anyhow.

http://www.alyanairsoft.com

Don't bother. I had one of their WE 888c GBBR converted to HPA and what a load of crap. It never once worked in the manner it should have. Their idea is a good one but their technical skills in putting them together are rubbish. It leaked air from day, hey even sent me a replacement kit which leaked instantly as well. Save your money

Doesn't come close to imitating a DG and has serious QC issues. Wouldn't bother.

It's more akin to a magazine tap then a full drop-in replacement like the DG kits are. It doesn't solve the issues of undue sear wear on a GBBR that's not really designed to be shot full auto so regularly. Lots of stuff can break on the DG kits, but usually it's seals or a small metal part (generally the airshaft). On a GBBR-tap like this you will end up having to replace the hammer, sears, BCG etc. after a year or so (depending on usage) and that's not cheep if you're switching to steel.

Remember, DG kits are a huge lump of metal that replaces the bolt and trigger mechanism (except with the MG kits where it only replaces the bolt). They're rightly very expensive.

Ultimately it doesn't save any money and really doesn't have any intrinsic benefit over something like a GBBR mag tap other than not having to switch your line over. If you're looking for an affordable stop-gap then really your only choice is some CQB Russian-style taps.

One thing I will say though is don't buy a DG kit if you're not willing to give it some TLC for the first year or so. They are not easy to get working right immediately (even in some cases where they've been professionally fitted).

I already have pretty much full RA Tech steel internals but dully noted. Thanks for all the wisdom guys. I just wanted more consistency from my gbb, it can lift .30's easy but god know it gets cold here. That cool down is a killer when I'm against AEGs who spray like mad. I know CO2 is meant to be better in the cold but again the mags are more than gas mags and harder to find in my experience. Plus I'm limited to STANAG because it's got the hk416 receiver so in hind sight, choosing a gun for the cool factor wasn't the smartest idea. Just my inner kid showing I guess aha. Once again thanks.

• Root Admin

That's good news.

My personal feeling having been in your position is save up and bite the bullet - go to DG. Until that's viable, try to spend some time on getting a reasonably priced HPA rig together through scouring classifieds (both your shot tank and scuba tank - should you choose to get one - can be obtained far cheaper if you don't buy new and be patient). If money is still an issue by then then perhaps just a handful of £10-15 mag taps as a stop-gap until the DG kit becomes viable again.

Basically what I'm driving at is that at some point you will probably do what a lot of people I've met (and indeed me having had a mostly RA-Tech WOC M4) by eventually ending up giving up recoil altogether and going solenoid or by putting the money into a DG kit. Anything in-between probably isn't going to keep you satisfied forever.

save the GBBR for the summer months and run an AEG in the winter! :-)

Honestly for the price of a full HPA rig and a DG kit I could just get an AEG (a decent one at that) for the winter months. Probably a better idea. And if it came to it p* would be easier from an AEG base than a gbb anyway.

• Root Admin

This is a consideration a lot of people make. Ultimately the recoil is really important to me and it's pretty good on the DG kits, but I don't know how important it is for you. If you've not shot one then I'd encourage you to do that first as it will almost certainly give you something to think about if you've not had the chance already.

HPA is expensive though - especially the initial rig cost of around £300 for a higher-end one suitable for the air-hungry DG (4500psi, SFR, scuba tank, wide bore line etc.). Then again if you've spent ~£300 on bringing your GBBR up to snuff with steel internals then I can't see it being hugely out of reach. Again though, I don't know the situation and when adding around £400 more onto that for the kit it's really looking like it's basically unobtainable for a hobby like this. I know I spent around 8 months getting all the bits for mine and that made it a little easier. Also the pound was a bit better then and that made it slightly easier to stomach.

Really though there's a reason the DG stuff is selling so well recently in Europe. Having gone through the trials and tribulations of many a GBBR, they are absolutely as fun to shoot as described and can be made to shoot well to boot. Nothing else beats them for all-weather recoil, but the Tippmann comes close to replicating it on a budget so that might be a good option to look at too perhaps.

It basically all boils down to how much you value recoil and how you play I suppose. HPA gives that option of going full auto with basically no ramifications - I don't think I've seen a GBBR (on green gas) with a steel BCG perform well even in the summer when it comes to decently-long burst fire or full auto.

I do like the recoil. I've shot AEGs and they just don't match the physical reaction by the weapon from pulling the trigger. Recoil, no matter how small an amount, makes me feel like I'm actually shooting a bb at someone. Yeah the HPA does cost a pretty penny, but I wouldn't get it all at once. Maybe over a couple of months as you say.

And yeah you're absolutely right. Mine craps out after about 10 - 15 bbs with the steel BCG in on full auto (on the nuprol 4.0). I still have the original parts that I swap in and out from time to time. Plus I heard about the bad rep on WE charging handles and figured the steel bolt would break it quicker lol.

have you thought about a KC-02 GBBR? (ignore the fact I am selling one) they are a lovely rifle and with the right upgrades will work all year round. I know you are thinking about hi-caps (or at least midcaps) but if you can hit your opponent in 1 or 2 shots, you don't need a hi-cap! :D

have you thought about a KC-02 GBBR? (ignore the fact I am selling one) they are a lovely rifle and with the right upgrades will work all year round. I know you are thinking about hi-caps (or at least midcaps) but if you can hit your opponent in 1 or 2 shots, you don't need a hi-cap! :D

That Kjw looks alright, plus they're not too pricy. Though if or how much of an upgrade it'll be in terms of cool down, I'm unsure. I think hi caps are a little OTT but the mid caps that you can switch from 30/150 or whatever do appeal to me. Then I'd have the option to go Rambo if the urge arises. However that obviously requires either an AEG or an HPA aha.

if you want hpa and gbbr, have a look at a tippmann m4

Huh, I didn't think of the tippmanns back when I got my 416. Looking at it now it's pretty much the best option for a starter HPA setup. Not needing a DG kit or whatever. Just plug into an HPA rig and go.

• Root Admin

Huh, I didn't think of the tippmanns back when I got my 416. Looking at it now it's pretty much the best option for a starter HPA setup. Not needing a DG kit or whatever. Just plug into an HPA rig and go.

Well I did suggest it previously :S The issue I take with it is they're really not going to be something that lasts more than 2-3 years with constant use - the internals are cheap and HPA gives people the ability to shoot as much as they like. Most of the people moving from Tippmann to DG have had those exact issues of durability.

That said, they work really well and are very reasonably priced and there are drop-in replacements available for stuff that does end up failing.

I still prefer the style of the HK416 over an M4. And I know you suggested it earlier but I was trying to say I didn't know about it way back when I got my WE originally.

Archived