Dechande

JamesG aka Steve203 aka Stephen Glennie is a SCAMMER.

42 posts in this topic

Overall rating (1 - 10): 0

Would you deal with the trader again (Yes / No): No

Any other comments:

Back on the 7th December, on 'Airsoft forums UK', I PMed user, JamesG (aka Steve203, aka Stephen Glennie) to buy 2 TM Breacher shotguns he advertised for sale.

Below is a transcript of our communications in which he set out to steal my money.
This a is a long thread, so I've put a 'TL;DR' version at the bottom also.
-7th Dec
Me-Hello,
would you sell both Breachers for £300?
All the best,
Adam
Stephen Glennie-Hi mate, yeah i could for a quick sale, as long as the fees are covered,
Me-Hi, that sounds ok.
Just to check, one of them is brand new? The other just has a a leaky tank?
Stephen Glennie-Yes mate, one is brand spanking, never fired a shot, the tank has been filled to test in the other to make sure it was the tabk that leaked and not the seals inside, the one with the leaky tank has been stripped serviced and rebuilt,
Me-Ok, great. My Dad wants one and I wouldn't mind one, so thought I'd offer for both. My Dad can have the new one for Christmas.
If you could let me know your details before I send payment please?
My details: (removed)
Stephen Glennie-Yes no problem mate, its James genny (rest removed)
Me-Thanks. Just need your paypal address then please.
Stephen Glennie-No problem mate, its my friends pp if you could label the payment as custom work so he knows its mine please
Me-A little unorthodox, but ok...
Stephen Glennie-Its
Chasingcloudseliquid@gmail.com
Cheers mate,
Me-Money sent. Let me know if you want my Ukara details.
Stephen Glennie-Oh sh*t yeah that would be good mate please,
Me-I almost forgot myself, here's my player number XXXXXXXX
Stephen Glennie-Noob mistake for both of us mate, lol, cheers,
-9th Dec
Me-Hello,
could you let me know when and how you post them please?
Going to buy some shells and other bits to go with my Dad's Xmas present!
Stephen Glennie-Hi mate they will be going on monday via hermes, ive been away working all week and ill only be home this evening, couldnt trust the wife to pack them properly for shipping so ill get it done over the weekend and send you tracking when i have it,
-13th Dec
Me-Have you got the tracking info?
Stephen Glennie-Hi mate i do indeed ill grab it for you when i get into the house,
Me-Ok, thanks. Do you post as steve203 on ZeroIn forum?
Stephen Glennie-Thats a mate of mine on zeroin mate, why?
Me-I noticed your imgur pics say steve 203, I'm sure there is a steve203 on zeroin, whose location says Northern Ireland also.
A lot of people seem to use different names for different forums, so I was just wondering if it was you.
A few hours later.
Me-You and steve also have the exact same thing up for sale,
I'm not fussed if you are the same person, just curious. I probably won't be the only one to notice.
-14th Dec
Me-Can I have the tracking information please?
Stephen Glennie-Yes mate sorry ill grab it here for you,
Me-When can I expect it?
This is the point when I discovered the 'Lost Souls' thread on ZeroIn regarding 'Steve203', it described other members experiencing problems very similar to me. I was fairly sure at this stage that 'JamesG' and 'Steve203' were the same person.
At this stage, I sent a text message as Pm's were being read but not answered:
Me-Have you got a tracking number for me? It feels like you're messing me about, you've been online but still havn't got back to me.
Either give me the details or refund the money.
Stephen Glennie-sh*t dude sorry i forgot, here it is, its 8911786251591528
Me-Is that Heremes?
Stephen Glennie-Yes mate,
Me-It says the tracking number isn't recognised...
Stephen Glennie-Thats definately it mate, ill double check when i get home but thats it,
Me-When was it sent? This isn't inspring confidence.
Stephen Glennie-It got picked up this morning, missed the first 2 trys of the courier as i was out,
If i qas going to rip you of i wouldnt have give you my name address and phone number,
Me-If it went this morning, why did you not say that yesterday when I asked for the tracking?
Stephen Glennie-Been in and out of the house mate most of the past 3 or 4 days up and down to the hospital, anytine i spent in the house was an hour tops, i took my mother in laws word that a courier came and picked up the package,
Me-As long as it arrives, that'll be fine.
I shouldn't have to chase you for information you told me you'd provide, especially when the information keeps changing.
See it from my point of view, I sent you a substantial sum of money, you told me it'd be sent on the weekend along with the tracking info. Days later, you're telling me none of that happened, and all I have is a tracking number that doesn't work. I'm sure you'd begin to be concerned if the roles were reversed.
Stephen Glennie-Your right and i appoligise, should never have had yo chase the info, im really sorry mate,
Me-Fair enough, thank you. If you could check the tracking details that'd be appreciated. I don't know how long Hermes take to deliver but when it arrives, I'll let you know.
Stephen Glennie-Its usually 4 or 5 days mate but this time of year it could be about 7,
Another 5 days passed without hearing or receiving anything, on the 19th Dec, I sent another PM:
Me-Hello,
is there any update on the tracking number, the one you gave me still doesn't work?
Stephen Glennie-Hi mate it should, ill send you a screenshot of the booking email,
Me-Ok, great. When can you send it?
Stephen Glennie-Ill be home from the hospital in a few hours ill screenshot it and send you it mate,
-20th Dec
Me-Could i get that screen shot?
Hours later, having not heard anything, despite the messages being read, I sent a text:
Me-Are you going to send that screenshot please?
Stephen Glennie-sh*t sorry mate, i will yes,
-21st Dec via PM
Stephen Glennie-Hi mate just home ill get that screenshot done and sent over,
Me-So instead of actually sending me this screenshot, you've taken days to say you'll do it...
I've just spoken to a few people who have been scammed by Steve203 on ZeroIn, and having shared some information, I now know you are the same person. I'm satisfied that you are a liar and a thief.
I tried to call you, it seems your number no longer works.
I've opened a dispute with paypal as you clearly have no intention of delivering anything.
I'll be contacting the police.
Stephen Glennie-Hi mate im not trying to rip you off, i have sent the breachers im not a theif or a liar,
Me-Where are they then, why do I have a fake tracking number, why has it taken you days to send a mythical screenshot?
Stephen Glennie-I havemt ripped you off, and i can still send a screenshot, and ill happily refund you via bank transfer if your happy with that, but i need you to close the dispute, its my mates pp and hes screwed as they are holding the money he needs for sending his orderes, its his work pp,
Me-Hilarious, that's exactly what the other guys you tried to rip off said you'd say.
Screwing your friend over is something you should have thought about before setting out to steal peoples' money.
The dispute will remain.
-He then sent me a text message:
Stephen Glennie-Tried to phone you there
Me-Tried to call you back
Stephen Glennie-Im on the phone,
Me-I don't know what you could possibly have to say at this stage anyway.
A few hours later.
Me-Nothing? I'm free to talk if you have anything to say.
Stephen Glennie-If i was going to rip you off, why the hell would i give you my phone number in the firstplace, if that was my intentiuon, id have given you some random number,
Me-So prove the items are on the way by providing a working tracking number. They should have arrived by now if you'd sent them, anyway.
And why would you lie about your name being Steve 203 on another forum, where you've scammed others using your own and wife's paypal address. I assume that's why you used a business address this time, running out of accounts without open disputes?
Stephen Glennie-I agree and ive been in contact with hermes, they are experiencing delays with the time of year, and the number i gave you is the one they sent me in the confirmation email,
Me- From the screenshot you've never sent? Either send the screenshot or stop bullshitting.
Stephen Glennie-Ill send the screenshot, and yes i lied about being steve203 because people had bad experiences, what 2 or 3 people out of loads ive dealt with, and those 2 or 3 people were issued refunds,
Me-They say they had to open disputes for refunds. And those refunds came because you never upheld your side of a deal. I sugegest you send the proof of the parcel quickly, or I will be chatting with the police in the morning.
Stephen Glennie-Chat with whoever you want to in the morning, ive sent a screenshot
-At this point, he finally sends me a screenshot from his phone showing a tracking number, same one as before with the last 2 digits in reverse order, 8911786251591582. It looked genuine at first glance and I was hoping this might work out afterall.
However, I called Hermes as there was no information for the delivery process attached to this tracking number. They were able to tell me that the tracking number was generated on the 1st December (well before I sent any money) and the tracking destination was for Norfolk (I live in Bristol), obviously the tracking number was not for me. Futhermore, Hermes said they'd never received this package from the sender, only that the order had been generated online along with the tracking number as a result.
I suspect this is a method several scammers have used in the past to make a transaction appear genuine.
Hermes were also able to tell me every package they've ever delivered to me and that there were currently no packages on the way to me. This was the last piece of absolute proof I needed to know that Stphen Glennie (aka JamesG, aka Steve203) was lying the entire time and clearly had no intention of completing our transaction form the start.
-I sent him this text on the 22nd December:
Me- Well I just wasted another hour getting through to Hermes who confirmed that the tracking number you provided was for a parcel to Norfolk, placed on the 1st December (before I ever contacted you), that was never picked up or delivered. They aslo confirmed that they have no packages en route to my address.
-I also sent this PM the following day, not having had a reply to the above:
Me-Sent you a text. Hermes thinks you're a scammer too, anything to say?..
I haven't received any futher communications from Stephen Glennie. After the Christmas period I'll be contacting Paypal to escalate my claim, and the Police.
I've only ever had one other person try to steal my money in the past via an airsoft forum, about 13 years ago. I got it back eventually, and i have been very careful since. I've bought and sold plenty of stuff over the last 16 or so years I've been involved in airsoft.
Stephen Glennie has displayed the most effort and intent I've personally seen to steal someone's money via an airsoft forum, I 'd urge anyone considering dealing with him to avoid him completely.
TL;DR version:
I paid just over £300 for 2 TM Breachers on the 7th Dec, I was told they be sent by the weekend (10th Dec). Following a lot of excuses, I was finally given a fake tracking number, that I confirmed with the courier, didn't actually exist.
Over the next few weeks, and many excuses late, the seller admitted he lied about who he was, but that the breachers were sent. It's been almost 3 weeks, I haven't received the breachers, I've asked for a refund and communication has ceased from the seller.
It is evident that Steve203/JamesG/Stephen Glenny set out to scam me out of money as well as 4 other people I have been in contact with, all scammed in the same way.
Samurai, shogunate, Qlimax and 1 other like this

Sounds like you used PayPal. As long as you did a business-based transaction you can get your money refunded through PayPal. I'd get on it

shogunate likes this

Already opened a dispute. I should be able to get my money back ok.

The real issue is this guy is stealing from multiple people on purpose, it's not like it's a miscommunication, or not his fault. Not to mention the amount of time I've spent on this.

-Edit- I noticed 'JamesG' was reading this thread earlier, however, has decided not to comment...

Monty, proffrink and SeniorSpaz87 like this

For anyone that every gets the whole family member or personal issues line I would always be immediately suspicious. Sure you can trust a stranger at face value if you like but its a recurring theme when people get scammed and the times I've had issues with stuff I have paid for I got fed the same story. Christmas delivery times are another good one, at least in my area they have been flawless this year.

If people do genuinely have stuff going on then they should make the buyer aware there are likely going to be delays from the start of the deal.

Ah I see Mr Glennie is back in the shame light again. I've had the misfortune of dealing with him over Facebook, he's a true con. I also had the misfortune of running into him on Airsofterforum (which is no more) and he received negative feedback on their from me. I didn't know he was he same person at the time because he provided two different PayPal addresses to me. All be it though before I purchased from him he had actually purchased something from me and paid....... But a while after receiving it the miver started. Luckily for me I did a full video of the item showing it in perfect working order and me wrapping it up so it couldn't have been in the state he'd claimed it was.... Strangely though his complaint came about 10 days after having it so more an likely did it himself..

I thought he'd been banned on the Facebook pages because I know a number of people who've had issues with him.

I'm sure he'd like to explain himself before the Scammer thread is updated.

Yeah sadly I have befallen this scumbag he has been using the excuse of a wife that is I'll in hospital even as far as saying the doctor told him to expect the worst.

I gave him money for a Vector, I was confused bybthe send it to my mates PayPal, sadly I did send it as family friend, I am screwed on that one I take it.

Man I wish I had seen something like this I had seen he had sold the breachers so I thought he was on the level just had stuff going on.

But he kept coming back with oh yeah I will get you a screenshot, I kept saying just send the screen grab not a F'ing message about getting me one.

Not happy!

I do hope karma is swift and strong on him

I had exactly the same story with this guy, exactly came excuses and wife, hospital, i will grab it here for you, the exactly same tracking number, exactly the same screenshot.

He was trying to sell me a TM VSR G-SPEC (for cheap) stock internals with 3 mags scope, bipod, and pdi 6.01mm inner barrel (Which is over a hundred on its own.)

I have opened a dispute and he said stuff about his friends pp, and asked to close the dispute for a tone of times, and I refused as the only way you can close the dispute is by clicking a button that says - item received. but then if I actually don't get the item, I cant open a dispute again as I just said that I received the item, which makes me look like a con man.

I got the money back, but I have also sent him a chronograph as a trade (to cover up the rest of the cost)

On the paypal he said that he is going to send It back.

So if anyone wants me to make the similar post like DECHANDE did comment below.

Stay safe, and always record what you are doing (I have all the screenshots so I can go to the police at any time)

Dechande likes this

I had exactly the same story with this guy, exactly came excuses and wife, hospital, i will grab it here for you, the exactly same tracking number, exactly the same screenshot.

He was trying to sell me a TM VSR G-SPEC (for cheap) stock internals with 3 mags scope, bipod, and pdi 6.01mm inner barrel (Which is over a hundred on its own.)

I have opened a dispute and he said stuff about his friends pp, and asked to close the dispute for a tone of times, and I refused as the only way you can close the dispute is by clicking a button that says - item received. but then if I actually don't get the item, I cant open a dispute again as I just said that I received the item, which makes me look like a con man.

I got the money back, but I have also sent him a chronograph as a trade (to cover up the rest of the cost)

On the paypal he said that he is going to send It back.

So if anyone wants me to make the similar post like DECHANDE did comment below.

Stay safe, and always record what you are doing (I have all the screenshots so I can go to the police at any time)

So you have his postal address then.... glitter (read alternative filling) bomb ftw! :D

I bought from this chap a while back. Took a while to arrive, he said it got sent back to him as it was damaged, so he sent it out again once I opened a dispute. I received the items about a month after the deal was made. I, however, was given a totally different email address to use for PayPal... He also asked me to close the dispute multiple times.

Max2000 likes this

Praise be to PayPal lol. It really sucks to know there are such Douche's around but luckily PayPal helps and you can normally get your money back.

Hi all, I have sent this thread through to Stevie to see if he can shed some light on the issue. Stevie has been a genuine friend and all this is a bit much to take in, i was shown these threads and upon reading them I would like to clear up part of what has been mentioned.

It is my paypal and I have zero involvement in any of the trades/sales that has happened. I simply allowed my friend to receive his payments through my paypal.

I will prompt Stevie to make an open involvement on this thread.

Pretty sure it says not to allow other people the use of your Paypal, in PayPal's t&c's.

In any case you do have an involvement as it's your Paypal that's been used, you could technically be liable for your mates actions. It could possibly be viewed as money laundering.

But the big question is why dose he not use his own Paypal?

I simply allowed my friend to receive his payments through my paypal.

Paypal user agreement has been infringed by doing that - Section 9.1 - Restricted Activities, Subsection - ad. By contravening that, you can be held liable regardless of actual involvement in the transaction.

DarkAssassin and Dechande like this

Thing is we've seen him on here reading this thread (on the desktop version is shows who's browsing a thread and he popped up the first day this went up - not seen him since), but he's not said a thing nor PM'd anyone (as far as we're aware).

Monty likes this

Thing is we've seen him on here reading this thread (on the desktop version is shows who's browsing a thread and he popped up the first day this went up - not seen him since), but he's not said a thing nor PM'd anyone (as far as we're aware).

Beaker at UKAZ said pretty much the same over there, except restricted access + alot of PM's.

The same mod that banned 'steve203' on UKAZ, also banned the account 'chrismilling' as it was created from the same email address that was registered by steve203. As a result, I highly suspect that chrismilling, posting here, with an account made yesterday is also Stephen Glennie. He seems to be trying very hard to keep this up.

-Edit- proffrink, GiantKiwi, I have had no correspondence from Stephen since I confronted him about being a scammer. He hasn't replied to any of the threads about him since either, well, not as any of his previously identified accounts, anyway.

I have gotten my money back from paypal, however, so at least I can stop worrying about that.

Cheeserush, Monty, PT247 and 2 others like this

^^ That is exactly what I suspected!