Two Tone I Ordered Wasn't a Two Tone on Arrival

Longshot
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don't play very much anymore so when I wanted an Cyma AK47 for Christmas I ordered one as a two tone. However when it arrived it wasn't a two tone and it was an actual real AK47. Because it was Christmas they also put some fruit salad sweets in there as a treat and a wooden box with 100 7.62mm rounds (also not two toned).

Can I keep it even though it's not two tone and I don't have a UKARA number?

No. You have done nothing wrong and cannot get in trouble for it. 2 toning the gun devalues it, so best to just keep it as it is.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with monty stores fault or not you are in possession of a 'weapon' which requires a license if you got stopped by a police officer his first question won't be did the store send it like this

what's a ukara number? it's a license, get your facts straight

a UKARA number is a license is it???? and there was me thinking it was just a registration number for an entry in a database that just confirms that the defence i'm declaring is backed up by a site to a shop that I do/have actually play(ed) airsoft.

a UKARA number is a license is it???? and there was me thinking it was just a registration number for an entry in a database that just confirms that the defence i'm declaring is backed up by a site to a shop that I do/have actually play(ed) airsoft.

I believe it t'was a joke ;)

Humour and/or sarcasm don't come across well on the old www...

I agree with monty stores fault or not you are in possession of a 'weapon' which requires a license if you got stopped by a police officer his first question won't be did the store send it like this

Possession of Airsoft RIFS do not require a "license". You do not even need to be on the UKARA database. The laws related to buying/selling not ownership.

If the police stop him and he isnt walking around with it in plain view he would have done no wrong at all. The only person at fault would be the person who sold it to him.

Monty was joking, Im assuming you weren't, but apologies if you were.

Sounds like an awesome wedding :D i was being serious though weve all heard the cautionary tales of people having their RIFs confiscated for not having their defence

• Supporters

Sounds like an awesome wedding :D i was being serious though weve all heard the cautionary tales of people having their RIFs confiscated for not having their defence

Have we? I have never heard of such a tale, since it would be completely illegal for anyone to confiscate someone's gun.

A defence is required for SALE, IMPORT or MANUFACTURE. OWNERSHIP OF A RIF IS NOT ILLEGAL IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

Apologies for derailing this wonderful piece of satire.

To the OP glue some bbs to the end of the bullets they will never tell the difference , I'd probably avoid letting sites chronograph it though.don't want them not allowing it to be used at the next skirmish 😂

They would certainly be tales as that cant happen. The police may not understand the law if they pull you over and may take them from you until they sort it out, but there is no law that requires a defence.

My daughter owns a RIF I gave to her for Christmas, she is 13 and has never been airsofting. That isnt against the law.

Anyway, Im pretty sure the original post in this thread didnt say it was a real AK but a camo painted gun ?! Or was that a different thread :)

Anyway, Im pretty sure the original post in this thread didnt say it was a real AK but a camo painted gun ?! Or was that a different thread :)

The original post said he ordered a two tone but got sent a real steel ak47 but I think some have misread the joke lol

The original post said he ordered a two tone but got sent a real steel ak47 but I think some have misread the joke lol

Must have been another thread then, someone bought a two tone and it came painted in camo, think I thought this was that one.

Even with the joke posts still ended up getting real posts giving out wrong information :)

Archived