Maths teacher needed

sniperslucky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

Need a maths teacher!. Ad stated 1Kg of bb's = to 3335 BB's @ 0.3g. When i weighed the bag only 900g on the scales. Should i be contacting the shop as i think it contains 2790 BB's.

The old grey matter isn't what is used to be.

Don't want to count them out

Thanks

Ps 100BB's = 31g's.

Hi All,

Need a maths teacher!. Ad stated 1Kg of bb's = to 3335 BB's @ 0.3g. When i weighed the bag only 900g on the scales. Should i be contacting the shop as i think it contains 2790 BB's.

The old grey matter isn't what is used to be.

Don't want to count them out

Thanks

Ps 100BB's = 31g's.

You don't need a maths teacher.

Does it say 1kg?

Yes - Continue

No - Read the bag.

Have you calibrated your scales properly?

Yes - Continue

No - Do it, then answer this question again.

Does it weigh less than 1kg?

Yes - Continue

No - What's the problem?

Have you opened the bag?

Yes - You're screwed.

No - Tell the store.

You don't need a maths teacher.

Does it say 1kg?

Yes - Continue

No - Read the bag.

Have you calibrated your scales properly?

Yes - Continue

No - Do it, then answer this question again.

Does it weigh less than 1kg?

Yes - Continue

No - What's the problem?

Have you opened the bag?

Yes - You're screwed.

No - Tell the store.

1: Scales zeroed

2: yes stated 900g

3: bag opened but only after photo's of on and off scales.

I think you might have trouble returning them now they're opened, but it's worth mentioning to the store to check their own stock and report to the supplier/manufacturer if necessary. If all the bags are 100g short, then I guess a lot of people are being caught out.

I think you might have trouble returning them now they're opened, but it's worth mentioning to the store to check their own stock and report to the supplier/manufacturer if necessary. If all the bags are 100g short, then I guess a lot of people are being caught out.

This is why i've raised the issue here swell with the supplier. Poss just a bad batch or is this a bigger issue as this is the 1st time i've ever checked the weight rather than just expecting to receive 3000+ BB's in a bag.

• Moderators

I've never done this either, just assumed there are around 2700 or 3000 in the bag of bottle

Bit hard to do this on a game day though

KINGDOM AIRSOFT out Guildford way. I have another 12 bags of .20g to check now. Hopefully this is a 1off but like most others i never checked.

I've just had a look at their site and whilst the wording around them coming in 1KG bags they do look to be clearly marked with 0.3x3335 (etc) on the front.

Without counting them 1 by 1 I don't think you'll get an exacting answer however;

1000/0.3=3,333

&

0.3*3334=1,000.2

0.3*3335=1,000.5

I have a feeling the numbers are "rough" approximations and the weight you receive will probably include the bag as well. Out of interest how much does a bag weigh?

It is interesting reading though;

"PACKAGING

All of our standard BBs come in 1KG bags. This gives the most efficient postage and packaging costs thus delivering the most value (since most couriers charge extra for packages weighing over 1KG). The amount of BBs in each package depend on the weight of each pellet and will always total 1KG."
So if a bag weighs 1KG total anyway, by the time it's boxed/plastic bagged for posting it would be over 1KG, maybe some couriers don't charge extra for over 1KG?
You've probably lifted a lid on one of the biggest secrets in airsoft!!! You don't always get the right amount of BB's!

I've just had a look at their site and whilst the wording around them coming in 1KG bags they do look to be clearly marked with 0.3x3335 (etc) on the front.

Without counting them 1 by 1 I don't think you'll get an exacting answer however;

1000/0.3=3,333

&

0.3*3334=1,000.2

0.3*3335=1,000.5

I have a feeling the numbers are "rough" approximations and the weight you receive will probably include the bag as well. Out of interest how much does a bag weigh?

It is interesting reading though;

"PACKAGING

All of our standard BBs come in 1KG bags. This gives the most efficient postage and packaging costs thus delivering the most value (since most couriers charge extra for packages weighing over 1KG). The amount of BBs in each package depend on the weight of each pellet and will always total 1KG."
So if a bag weighs 1KG total anyway, by the time it's boxed/plastic bagged for posting it would be over 1KG, maybe some couriers don't charge extra for over 1KG?
You've probably lifted a lid on one of the biggest secrets in airsoft!!! You don't always get the right amount of BB's!

Yes, I opened them and started to count them but stopped around 500, I have had a reply saying that the weight is "Approx" but 900g seemed a bit low. Just awaiting a follow up reply from them!

You'll need a good set of digital scales that can handle the resolution down to fractions of a gramme, and can also do the weight per piece/count read out.

ie a set of "dealer" scales.

I've got a set that will do 500g max, with resolution down to 0.1g and a tiny set that will do 50g max at 0.01g, and no I used them for counting beads and chainmail rings.

I did weigh a re-bagged 500bb packet of .36g bb's I got off ebay, being sold as Geoff's bb's, and that bags sampling of bb's and an overall count was spot on.

You'll need a good set of digital scales that can handle the resolution down to fractions of a gramme, and can also do the weight per piece/count read out.

ie a set of "dealer" scales.

I've got a set that will do 500g max, with resolution down to 0.1g and a tiny set that will do 50g max at 0.01g, and no I used them for counting beads and chainmail rings.

I did weigh a re-bagged 500bb packet of .36g bb's I got off ebay, being sold as Geoff's bb's, and that bags sampling of bb's and an overall count was spot on.

Surley the standard scales that reads 100g less than the stated net weight of product can not be that much out , as stated before i weighed a bag of .20g BB's and the same scales read 980g much closer to the 1Kg stated.

well that all depends if are you buying the bb's by weight including the packaging (gross), minus the packaging (net) or are you buying a set number bb's in a bag

so for your bag weight of 980g, there should be 4900 bb's if they are spot on.

so if you were buying a 1kg bag you were jipped 20g's if they said it was a net weight of 1kg, or 100b's if you were buying 5000.

so for your 980g sample, if all of your bb's were .21g you'd only be getting 4666, or if they were .19g you'd be getting 5187bb's

but that's not realistic that all the bb's are an exact weight, the spread of bb's will be in the .20g plus or minus something like .005g perhaps, so the exact number will vary by stated weight.

Archived