WE P226 magazine issues

Simmotank92
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently bought a second hand WE P226 and love it, it came with 2 gas tight magazines, they don't leak or anything

BUT once I've filled them with gas (even in warm conditions) I get 3/4 "powerful" shots (around 230 FPS) which is low to begin with then t just drops off (under 190 FPS) until the mag just dies, the chrono test is done with 0.25g ASG Kirsed BB's

Does anybody know why this is happening?? Or knownof a way of fixing it??

Thank you!

I've used both Abbey predator 144a gun gas and Nuprol 2.0 high performance premium green gas

• Supporters

Its likely that your gas canisters are low. They may seem to fill the mags, but dont. Thats almost always been the problem for me.

They don't seem low, if I shake them I can feel the gas inside moving quite obviously as well, I'll try find a full canister and see if that cures the problem!

I recently bought a second hand WE P226 and love it, it came with 2 gas tight magazines, they don't leak or anything

BUT once I've filled them with gas (even in warm conditions) I get 3/4 "powerful" shots (around 230 FPS) which is low to begin with then t just drops off (under 190 FPS) until the mag just dies, the chrono test is done with 0.25g ASG Kirsed BB's

Does anybody know why this is happening?? Or knownof a way of fixing it??

Thank you!

I had this once, but it was because I wasn't filling the mags perfectly upside down. I use Nuprol Red in the winter, and ASG UltraAir in the summer with mine. Once you've filled them up, do you notice any gas venting near the bottom of the magazine at all?

It's been suggested to use red but I was under the impression the increased pressure is not good for pistols??.....

No mate nothing at all, they are as tight as a drum both ends

It's been suggested to use red but I was under the impression the increased pressure is not good for pistols??.....

No mate nothing at all, they are as tight as a drum both ends

I wouldn't use red in summer months, but with the low temperatures at the moment, green gas is going to give you a very low output. With the 226, I'd probably say about 15 degrees would be my switch over point.

Ahh okay! Guess I'll give red gas a try and see if that solves the issue, I guess making sure the gun and mags stay warm as long as possible would also be beneficial

Ahh okay! Guess I'll give red gas a try and see if that solves the issue, I guess making sure the gun and mags stay warm as long as possible would also be beneficial

Either use red, or warm the mags. Using the higher power gas is to combat the effects of the cold. If you start shooting red gas through a mag that's already warm, then you're entering the realms of stressing the internals of your gun too much. Also, don't forget you've got red gas in the mags then fire it indoors somewhere. I did that. Twas painful.

I'd been having the same issue with mine but it was really inconsistent. Sometimes I'd get almost two full magazines off of a single fill and other times I'd only get less than 20 shots and this was with all three of my magazines.

• 1 month later...

Archived