Help recomending a gun

Ricky.bb
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I own an mb03 vsr11 from well excellent gun for £75 im hitting bottle caps at 50-60 feet with rockets .25g bbs I also recently bought an cccp mk23 with compensator gas non blowback that is also a nice gun to shoot all from bbguns4less.

im now looking for a full skirmishable AEG/DMR 2 tone unfortunately got to start somewhere lol im holding back a little because of that reason but am looking at £200 give or take a few quid I would appreciate tips or advice on the more reliable types to start with thanks for reading look forward to some help

please read the sticky threads and use the search facility, your questions have been answered many times before so the answers are within the pages of this forum a 100 times over already! :-)

I do however suggest looking into a G&G Combat Machine for a budget skirmishable AEG.

Lol thanks been browsing for couple hours read loads of threads only used bbguns4less for budgeting reasons they have been good to me saying that they replaced my mb03 rifle free of charge after trigger mech jammed on me after 1000 or so rounds but will be loooking to get a reliable pre ukara skirmish aeg

I would 100% recommend the CAA/ASG M4, it's been brilliant for me and is only £129.99, you will have to purchase the downgrade to make it site legal but it's well worth it!

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/asg-caa-m4-sl-series-cqb-two-tone-blue.htm#.WFm5iIHfWEc

• 7 months later...

Wow been a long time since I was on lol but here goes I ended up getting a colt m4 carbine full metal that shoots 349 fps running 7.4v lipo rpm isn't to shabby if your looking for a cqb I recommend a g&g firehawk the noise it makes is very intimidating or any g&g as a starting platform because there probably best bang for your buck but I play in a woodlands site so my colt m4 is perfect for me it's been very reliable cost me £200 and I have only put a different hop up rubber (maple leaf) to great effect I also have an army l85a1 (lot of haters) but I got it heavily modded and at only £100 and shoots a nice 425fps I got it as a dmr hope that helps lol oh the site I play at offers a free skirmish pass if I spend £100 so look at the site your thinking of going see what sort of deals they can do for you

2 hours ago, Fattyhunter said:

I am am looking a at a asg caa m4 did you get one in the end and whats like......

This was my first AEG, pretty solid internals and a decent motor for a "budget" starter gun. The CAA furniture (hand guard/stock) is very well made and tons of rails...everywhere! 

my only gripe with the gun is the receiver, barrel and stock tube are all plastic, Obviously this is what keeps the cost down. The issue I had was the barrel assembly would flex a bit when playing and eventually work the delta ring nut loose causing the barrel to become loose, fixed it with a few wraps of ptfe tape round the thread and really torquing it down. I haven't owned any other plastic guns before or since so I don't know if this is an inherent problem all placcy AEGs suffer or just mine was a lemon.

have had no problems with the internals, metal gears have put up with a lot of trigger spamming and if you downgrade the spring the motor is more that capable of decent rof with a decent battery.

Cheers Gents for the feed back most helpful, a lot of people on this forum say its a good starter for £130 but the g&g is marginally better due to inners ( don't know if thats the right term ), I haven't looked at a firehawk Ricky its all a bit new I will have a look and see if its in my budget i does sound cool, the only problem is that I  I need 2 of everything 1 for me and 1 for my son.

But Nijacabbage if you have had no problems thats another tick in the caa box

Cheers Guys

No worries the g&g low priced guns around £130 And can compete at a high level there a strong polymer body normally with a metal barrel the inners can take a lot of abuse and being a g&g very easy to upgrade & fix anything cheaper would probably lead to disappointment but that's from fellow airsofters expieriences I would also recommend getting a smart charger not one you get with a gun as they damage batteries in long run

Archived