Any good boot brands for airsoft?

ElAshtonio
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Get an account on flickr or imgur or any other image uploader, upload pictures, get the BB code link from the site and put it in your post here.

Cheers mate just sorted it now

• Supporters

Yep, you also need to get the BB code links not the share links, they'll have [img ] tags around the URL. There is also an edit button on your posts here so you don't have to double post within 2-3 minutes in the same thread.

Yep, you also need to get the BB code links not the share links, they'll have [img ] tags around the URL. There is also an edit button on your posts here so you don't have to double post within 2-3 minutes in the same thread.

Would it be better to do it on the laptop instead of my phone ? Sorry about the stupid questions I did used to be clued up once upon a time haha

If your more a fair weather or indoor player i highly rate meindl desert foxes. Nice and lightweight, good ankle support and has the speed lacing. Absolutely love them. Also use them for going walking

Those are only viable if you've got wide feet, if you're narrow like me, you just end up with lots of rubbing. Robust, but in the grand scheme of things a pretty clunky design.

Those are only viable if you've got wide feet, if you're narrow like me, you just end up with lots of rubbing. Robust, but in the grand scheme of things a pretty clunky design.

Each to their own. Everybody's feet are different, Just saying what works for me and why I recommend them.

End of the day the best thing for the OP to do is try as many pairs on within his budget and find what works for him.

True everybody is different and has different prefences , best thing to do is go to a local military surplace store and try on the boots they have on display and then pick the The ones that suit, plus you may be able to haggle a better price as well .

When you're looking for boots there's a couple of things you can look out for that week help indicate your getting something that'll work.

If it says 'Vibram' on the sole, this is a good thing. Vibram soles are grippy and hard wearing.

Look for free running lace eyelets over the foot and locking ones at the ankle. This means you can pull the laces tight round the ankle for support without pulling them too tight over the foot which will cause fatigue.

Goretex will keep your feet dry but is also a thermal insulator. Warm tootsies are good, but overheated feet are horrible.

Decent wool mix walking socks are the key to all day comfort. They will pad and support your foot properly and will also help regulate temperature while wicking sweat away from the skin.

And as has been mentioned a few times, feet are different shapes as are boots from different manufacturers. Try a few until you find the right ones. And go into a proper outdoor place to try. Even if the prices are too rich for you, the experience of the staff will help you find something that fits well. Knowing what a good fit feels like well really help when looking elsewhere.

I'm no expert but what I have used since getting into Airsoft & they are bang on, basic para boots with Sorborthane insole in them. combined cost of around £50 an lasts forever, cheap so your never worried about them & rock solid.

I walk my dogs twice a day & use them for Airsoft the last pair survived the years of daily use & my second pair is still going strong after a year & half of use.

For me, anything that keeps my feet dry is the goal.

I am more fussy about my footwear in the winter than I am the summer; when it is usually dry.

I have a pair a standard issue mod boots i got new for £40, or i rock out my magnums which are so comfortable and take a beating and are a lot lighter but they range in a bit higher.. depends what your looking for out of a boot 😁

To add a picture you could just go to 'more reply options' then choose file, photo library, camera roll, attach selected file and it should be o there ;)

But that costs money so use imgur instead.

How? I've done this and the website doesn't know any details of mine, especially not my bank details, so how can it take money? I've still put pics up on here...

• 4 months later...

I figure the British military invest more research into this than I do, so a pair of Bates Patrol boots from ebay for less than £30 delivered will do the job. You can get them from many surplus sellers in varying grades, but I found a pair from a seller who posted the actual photos of the boots he was selling. So I could see the state of the soles and uppers before buying.

They arrived today and are super light and very high on the leg. Not the sexiest bit of kit, but form over function for me. Add to that the sole pattern wont pick up bb's like my Berghaus' do, so I won't go clicking and crunching when trying to sneak about :)

18485279_10209047367597641_2318264406295935409_n.jpg

18447230_10209047367237632_2522957311804570632_n.jpg

• Supporters
On 1/7/2017 at 9:37 PM, GiantKiwi said:

That's odd, I tried a pair of Desert Fox boots and they were far too narrow for me. I'm wearing Merrel Sawtooths now.

4 hours ago, warlord said:

I figure the British military invest more research into this than I do, so a pair of Bates Patrol boots from ebay for less than £30 delivered will do the job. You can get them from many surplus sellers in varying grades, but I found a pair from a seller who posted the actual photos of the boots he was selling. So I could see the state of the soles and uppers before buying.

They arrived today and are super light and very high on the leg. Not the sexiest bit of kit, but form over function for me. Add to that the sole pattern wont pick up bb's like my Berghaus' do, so I won't go clicking and crunching when trying to sneak about :)

How did you find out what they use?

1 hour ago, Sacarathe said:

How did you find out what they use?

There's a range of different boots the British Military contracts for. I found a list of them on a discussion in an services forum. There were quite a few brands including altberg, haix and bates iirc. Can't put my finger on the list now.

Archived