Should you oil your Magazines?

Aaronrichardson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys I've looked on taiwan guns at some new magazines and I've notices it says this ...

Mid-cap magazines must be prepared in particular way before first usage. Steps that must be made:

* during first usage, magazine MUST NOT be fully loaded with bbs,
* before first usage, magazine SHOULD be oiled with silicon oil for better working,
* during first usage, magazine SHOULD be loaded with few bb s and subsequently core out. After magazine SHOULD be loaded with 10 bbs more than first time and subsequently core out. Activity SHOULD be repeated until full mag capacity will be achieved.
* REMEMBER if magazine is stored, it MUST be empty,
* REMEMBER to regularly oil the magazine with silicon oil.

Has anyone ever done this to there magazines?

I personally would not put oil anywhere near where my BBs feed as it'll get on them and then on the hop bucking which will stop it working.

I am no expert though so someone else may (most likely will) know better than I.

• Supporters

Sounds like it was written by someone that thinks Airsoft is a LOT more technical than it really is.

Fill them til the speed loader gets stiff, empty them, rinse repeat til you can get the right amount in and then use them.

DO NOT put any kind of oil or grease into a magazine.

Sounds like it was written by someone that thinks Airsoft is a LOT more technical than it really is.

Fill them til the speed loader gets stiff, empty them, rinse repeat til you can get the right amount in and then use them.

DO NOT put any kind of oil or grease into a magazine.

I'm getting stiff reading your reply

I wouldn't recommend oil for internal use, or rubbing over the feed lips. Perhaps if you were having trouble with inserting it, even if you thrust it quite hard, or it was getting stuck as you released, perhaps a gentle touch of lubrication on its sides just to help ease things a little wouldn't do too much harm.

• Moderators

Oh dear I thought this was an Airsoft forum 🙂

Oh dear I thought this was an Airsoft forum 🙂

Bwahahahaha trust you to pick up on it Dom :)

Archived