Time to get started now I've got my UKARA what would you recomend

Aaronrichardson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Got my UKARA the weekend! so I'm going to purchase myself a primary and secondary weapon.

Primary I'm going Krytac CRB 11.1v lipo I've had a go with it and really enjoy the gun and heard good things about it, i was looking at the TM 416D but its not far off twice the price and as this is my first gun i don't really want to spend a fortune one a first weapon.

Secondary however i have no idea regarding GBB pistols! I've tried watching reviews online but every gun review i watch they rave how good it is ect ect. Im interested in something gas efficient and hard kicking if that combination is about.

Ive seen the TM 5.1 Hi Capa and I've also seen E Force big bird vented slide would anyone help with recommendations on a good solid GBB pistol.

Ill appreciate any feedback from anyone

regards

if sub site limits on fps with your primary I'd wait on the secondary.#

.... if however you are like myself and ignore sensible advice, grab yourself a TM G17, although the hi-capa and 1911 guns look nice the glocks hold more BBs, are better on gas and have less bits externally that can break! :-)

Haha to be fair i think its a bloke thing you just want it now! :lol: But that been said i think I'm going to take your advice on this one as i was thinking it myself, stick with my primary and perhaps wait on my secondary for abit.

Any thoughts on KRYTAC CRB? I'm just trying to research as much as possible but been a newb sometimes it can be overload and confusing

Krytac SPR is awesome! Also check out an ASG SP01 shadow or ASG P09 Duty the look is different bun functions the same will last you long and the shadow has a great kick to it especially when you use it on co2!

Im told theres not any difference between the CRB and SPW only length of the gun, thats why i was leaning towards the CRB as i could have more chance using in CQB if i needed to i suppose, i i mainly play woodlands but i would still prefer something smaller if it offered the same performance.

Glad you guys are convincing me more and more I'm buying one wednesday now :D

My SPD puts out the same fps and is just as accurate as my SPR, don't ever be fooled into thinking short barrelled guns are inferior to their long barrelled counterparts!

• Supporters

Can't go wrong with a Krytac will lady you ages and shoot for years

Based on what? The brand hasn't existed for years so that statement is complete toss, there's zero actual evidence that Krytac guns will last for years.

I have faith that they will last years as they appear well made, but until they actually DO last for years no one can praise them for their longevity.

To the OP;

My pistol hardly ever comes out of it's holster, even in CQB! Spend more on magazines for your primary to begin with.

My pistol hardly ever comes out of it's holster, even in CQB! Spend more on magazines for your primary to begin with.

Cant disagree with that point. I often find myself making myself use the pistol because I want to more than because I have to! Obviously its a nice to have and can give you something a bit different but extra mags are a must have first!

My TM GBB Pistol has been my best purchase, loads of fun, but vastly inferior to using a primary, and many times to low FPS for people to feel it in CQB I totally recommend it for the fun factor for what it is, but I do agree with the prior comments here, don't bother with it unless you come to feel like you need it, which is tbh unlikely if you buy a gun with a barrel shorter than 20cm.

I love being lady for ages! :D

Ha bloody iPhone I should read what I've written before pushing the reply button me thinks. Also regarding my previous comment I'm only going off what other people have said about Krytac guns and my own experiences with ones them.

• Supporters

Ha bloody iPhone I should read what I've written before pushing the reply button me thinks. Also regarding my previous comment I'm only going off what other people have said about Krytac guns and my own experiences with ones them.

Unless your experience with them is over years and years (it isn't) then you're still just blowing smoke. Longevity of any gun isn't proved until its lasted a long time, Krytac haven't existed long enough as a company for people to say their guns will last years. For all any of us know their motors or mosfets may start to spontaneously combust in 6 months time.

Im going to purchase my Krytac CRB tomorrow, pretty excited to be fair. Anyone been on taiwanguns website? they have a lot of replicas on there some with mosfets and programmable burst shots and this and that ect ect. Seem abit to good to be true for the price there selling them at... i got recommended the website by someone at my last game thats all.

Taiwangun are legit. Great bunch of lads.

You might find yourself a cheap GBB pistol on there too: there are bargains to be had for sure. Just get a decent holster and lanyard would be my advice.

I'd always recommend going Marui if you can *waits for the expected retort* but the beauty of airsoft is that there is something for everyone.

• Supporters

Just thought i would throw in a welcome and some advice like everyone has pointed out.

For your Primary i would definitely advise like everyone else has a Krytac, i would point out that the Krytac CRB would strike the best balance for its length, that said my mate got a brand new Krytac CRB Trident Mk2 from ProAirsoft Supplies and straight away had feeding issues, funnily enough the more expensive the mag the worse the feeding was but it did seem to love my G&P Golf Ball Mid cap mags.

As for secondary i would definitely get advise you get a Tokyo Marui, DONT be tempted with the lower price of WE. I would recommend a Glock or M9, the reason being that they have a wide variety of holsters made for them as well as upgrades etc, both hold a large amount of BBs (in the GBB Pistol world anyway) and as they have plastic slides they are very gas efficient. Dont let the plastic bit put you off. My TM M9 in stock can range almost AEGs using .25g BBs

Oh and if you decide to get one of those snazzy Blackhawk Serpa holsters, dont do what i did and buy on the cheap, get the real deal as a fake one nearly lost me a mag.

Consider Airsoft Zone as a place to shop too

Archived